Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Another paint question

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't have pictures, but will get some if need be. What I have is a started interior with what seems like the testors gloss colors, not sure if they are acrylic or enamels. Must question is, would just a semi gloss black cover this, or should I find some way of stripping it? Or just find a donor kit?

Posted · Report post

What colors? If its gloss black its gonna be real hard to strip. Semi gloss might cover, but my experience is that semi gloss over gloss doesnt give the same results as semi gloss over primer or bare plastic. Might want to cover the gloss with dullcoat and start over.

Posted · Report post

Ah, well the floor pan is gloss black, the seats and part of the dash are bright yellow, the engine bay and firewall are bright red.

Posted · Report post

If you dont want to strip it, paint the bucket in semi gloss, mist coats, then flock the floors. I've not had any luck in stripping Testors gloss black.

Posted · Report post

I have some ideas, for the floor pan, but that's all depending on the actual interior colors that are factory.

Here is a current pic, I've already been working on sanding the lines out. 9d142a5fac94b99d117f04beae9a2d8f.jpg