Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any conversion kits or alternative bodies to be uses on the Revell olds

The Revell olds is an interesting kit with lots of appeal but it just doesn't light my pants on fire. Anything out there in resin land , fastback,sedan delivery woody. Maybe a Chevy or Pontiac conversion. I like to build a street rod so stock wheels and engine aren,t a necessity. Any ideas

tom coolidge of promolite has the sedan body available and is currently doing a fastback,they are EXCELLENT quality as are all of his products,and prices are not bad either.i have the sedan body,and it fits as they say, like a glove.i keep hoping there will be a four door in the future....

Bandit Resins offers a curbside '50 Pontiac coupe(?), too, but it could probably be modified to work with the new '50 Olds.

http://www.banditresins.com/1950_pontiac.html

The Olds has a published 119-1/2" wheelbase; the Pontiac is published at 120".

I'd say that works pretty well. Once the wheels are on, the only way you could tell the wheelbase is half an inch different in 1/25 will require a digital micrometer, and it had better have plenty of decimal places. Add a Kitchen Table Pontiac straight eight, and you're road-ready. The only possibly complex item might be cobbling up the exhaust system, which could be done with solder or aluminum tubing.

In 1/25: 120"=4.6875"; 119-1/2"=4.66796875"

Like I said, no big deal.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575