Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mustang 2 frontend?

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anybody casts a detail frontend from a Mustang 2? Crossmember lower and upper a arms and linkage etc.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

That would be nice for hot rods and some drag cars. I haven't seen any.

Posted · Report post

I know perry resin did them at one time. I have 10 years to retire can`t wait that long for a part lol.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

Some of revells kits. I know that their 37 ford kits have that option. Its 1/24 bit I have used a couple of those.

Posted · Report post

If you can find an old R&D Unique independant front suspension, it has the entire setup including coil overs, crossmember, steering and disk brakes. They are cast in white metal. R&D is no longer around but they still pop up from time to time on epay.

Posted · Report post

I don't know about any resin ones, but the best one I've found (& it's in 1/25 scale) comes in the Revell "Beatnik Bandit II" it is currently out of production but copies can be found on Ebay fairly cheap, maybe someone would take one & cast it, I think there might actually be a market out there.

Posted · Report post

I think there would be a market for it alot of street rodders use that setup.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

amt phantom vicky has a nice set up

Posted · Report post

I don't know about any resin ones, but the best one I've found (& it's in 1/25 scale) comes in the Revell "Beatnik Bandit II" it is currently out of production but copies can be found on Ebay fairly cheap, maybe someone would take one & cast it, I think there might actually be a market out there.

That's the one I used on my Monroe Handler project. http://www.public.fotki.com/lotso/monroe-handler-project/

Posted · Report post

amt phantom vicky has a nice set up

The one in the Phantom Vicky isn't Mustang II/Pinto, it's an aftermarket front end, Kugel, Fatman, of Heidts possibly.

Posted · Report post

Looks like a Chrysler torsion bar front end, definitely not an M-II.

-MJS

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's not a mustang II, but the chassis and suspensions (front and rear) in the 39 Wagonrod are pretty nice. The 37 Ford kits previously mentioned are nice as well. I think that the Phantom Vickie is a mustang II "style" as the mustang II did not have tubular A arms.

Edited by Nate

Posted · Report post

I don't know about any resin ones, maybe someone would take one & cast it, I think there might actually be a market out there.

Hell yeah there would be a market for a Mustang II frontend

Posted · Report post

If you decide to rob the front end out of a Phantom Vickie, I'll buy the drivetrain and wheels/tires.