Model Cars Magazine Forum

My concept Trans Am based on the Kevin Morgan design

Trans Am Erik

Hey Erik! I started one of those too... but I was going the limefire convertible route. The screaming chicken was not in the cards... but hood mounted tach was! Nice start there.

By the way, please read the forum rules. Just like any good AA meeting, we all use our full names in each post if you choose to register with a handle. If you notice that most everyone's post has their name in little blue letter.... well that is accomplished in the "My Controls" section "Edit Signature".

Thanks and welcome aboard MCM forums!

Hey Erik! I started one of those too... but I was going the limefire convertible route. The screaming chicken was not in the cards... but hood mounted tach was! Nice start there.

By the way, please read the forum rules. Just like any good AA meeting, we all use our full names in each post if you choose to register with a handle. If you notice that most everyone's post has their name in little blue letter.... well that is accomplished in the "My Controls" section "Edit Signature".

Thanks and welcome aboard MCM forums!

Thanks Jairus, I've updated my signature. I'd like to see a pic or two of your T/A concept model. I have seen the one you mentioned on Kevin Morgan's myspace page (Trans Am Concept) along with an updated version of the black car. He added snowflake wheels, t-topped the roof, and changed the back window. Now the model and the drawing are almost the same. The only differences are the exhaust and the wheel flares.

Pretty sure I'm not Jairus, but thought you might like to see some of the conversions we did for our club display last April, we started in December. I built the white one, and helped with the display base. I posted some of these a while back. A few might :) be in negotiations to be resin cast in the not to distant future. If it happens I'll post it here. BTW the snowflakes were made with the Kit rim and tire and around 50 other plastic bits each by an obsessive club member, would be nice to have these cast too. Later

P1030181.jpg

P1030189.jpg

P1030190.jpg

P1011329.jpg

Always an impressive display Rob!!! Thanks for posting it.

Erik, all I managed to do is cut the roof off thus far. Too much business to work on models at this time but it is always in the back of my mind. The design modifications are pretty close to what Harry P. on this forum came up with. Do a search for his posts in the Artwork section and you will see them. :)

Here ya go. Here's the rear shots that I can find, plus a pic of the blue one. The builder of the black car made his pinstripe decals on his Alps printer , can't remember about the screamin' chicken, he also made the decals for the white car. I know he had a heck of a time getting the pinstripes down, the blue stripes on mine were a bit of a pain, as they kept folding over on themselves, and they're much wider. I must have wasted enough to do 3-5 cars.

P1030187.jpg

P1030183.jpg

P1030188.jpg

Thanks Jairus, I've updated my signature. I'd like to see a pic or two of your T/A concept model. I have seen the one you mentioned on Kevin Morgan's myspace page (Trans Am Concept) along with an updated version of the black car. He added snowflake wheels, t-topped the roof, and changed the back window. Now the model and the drawing are almost the same. The only differences are the exhaust and the wheel flares.

Hello everyone,

This is Kevin Morgan, designer of the Concept Trans Am. I just wanted to say that your models are just beautiful!!! Its my artwork coming alive!! GREAT JOB!!! I want all of them!!

I am continuing my quest in bringing back the Trans Am by starting a petition to send to GM. I am going to put together a packet to send them...i just may have to include pictures of the models. Keep up the good work! You guys can help out by signing the petition & spreading the word about my work. please visit my website www.kevinmorgandesigns.com to sign the petition, get the latest news & check out my merchandise.

Thanks!

Kevin Morgan - Graphic Designer

Canton, PA

www.kevinmorgandesigns.com

Official Designer of The Trans Am Nationals

• 3 weeks later...

Erik, looks like you've got a good start on this one, I can't do 2 customs at the same time. I get too confused and screw them both up! <_< What color are you planning on using for it? I'd say Black, but that's only because Trans Ams look best in Black!

Erik, looks like you've got a good start on this one, I can't do 2 customs at the same time. I get too confused and screw them both up! ;) What color are you planning on using for it? I'd say Black, but that's only because Trans Ams look best in Black!

Yep, It'll be black and gold, wich makes it that much more involved in paint prep, it has to be perfect. I'm using the decals from the Monogram car andthe bird takes up the WHOLE hood! It will also have the '77 T/A dash and steering wheel (black interior). Under the hood is another hurdle. Ihate that weird cover the Camaro kit has and that engine is UGLY!!! I'm thinking of shoehorning in an updated 455!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that while the othere concept firebirds I have seen look great, This is my personal favorite take on it. Its clearly similar to the camaro, as the firebird always was, but has the same subtle differences, some not so subtle, and thats what i dig about this. Do you have a paint scheme picked out? or do you plan on doing the Bandit style?

• 1 year later...

It's BAAAACK! Yep, even one of my best projects got sidelined by life and my full size Bandit Trans Am. So, picking up where I left off I started looking for a new engine. I found the biggest GM big block i could find (Monogram 454) and made it look like a Pontiac 455. Then with the EFI set up from the '09 Camaro the engine was too low for the shaker to pop through the hood. So instead of lifting the engine I decided it would be cool to add a blower and attach the shaker to the top. I used an intake from the parts bin and the blower from the Mustang Super Stallion. Here's the result.

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg