Model Cars Magazine Forum

my vision of the new 57 ford wip

freakshow12

well guys, I am waiting on final paint to cure on my 50 ford truck wip (go check it out if you have not seen it) . I was at the hobby shop yesterday and my 57 ford came in so I picked it up. I had a vision of what this car should be for a long time so I busted it out this morning and got to work. this thing had to have stance, a cool wheel/tire combo and lots of power while maintaing the look of a slick old ford. Its going to be black for sure. for power I had a 427 cammer sitting here so I think thats what its getting OR it may get a GT500 mill. what do you guys think? It may get a tan interior or red have not decided. tell me what you guys think? I had to cut the rear wheel wells for mini tubs which meant a new rear frame section. thats all mocked up and the ride hight is set. the frame and everything is under it at this point all mocked up so no surprises later. thats how I build, assemble it all then blow it apart for paint then rebuild it all. maybe thats why I only get a few builds done a yr.

enjoy

photo42_zps9b1dd2e3.jpg

thanks guys! I will be keeping the 427 in it. the interior will be fairly stock but I will be using a few techniques I have used on other projects to make it pop. its going to be a tan based gut. body is prepped for primer now. I hope to have some color on soon then I will get going on the chassis while its setting up.

Perfect so far. Stance is dead on.

....... the frame and everything is under it at this point all mocked up so no surprises later. thats how I build, assemble it all then blow it apart for paint then rebuild it all. maybe thats why I only get a few builds done a yr.

The right way, just like building a real one. Saves a lot of grief in the end.