Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally Back

hooterville75

Wow what a week its been. Finally got the DSL high speed connection modem back and have high speed internet once again. So we got four inches of snow Sunday, Freezing rain Monday, 50 degrees and a ton more of rain Tuesday, 60 degrees Wednesday, and back to 35 today. I get up Wednesday morning and go down to my building area Wednesday morning and have four inches of rain in my basement. Mind you I have all my benches up on bricks, and my spray booth and sink on a 3 inch platform. My air compressor was up on 2X4 blocks and find the bottom of the tank submerged in water. My stash rack has four tiers to it as you can see in my lonely video on you tube. On the very bottom first tier I had four models which the boxes were damaged so I had in walmart bags, I find them floating in water. I opened the door to come in to find my three bottles of Novus floating in water because the cabinet they were in was a inch off the ground. Needless to say I got flooded out. (Roto Rooter coming Saturday morning hopefully). Its not been a very good week.

I rounded up all I could get that was in water or jeapordy of being in water and put on higher ground. Im still pumping water out as we speak. The models in the bags are ok minus the decals and instructions which are easily replaceable. Hoping the Novus bottles were protected since they werent open guess we will find out soon enough. Hoping the air compressor isnt rusted to death from the tank being submerged in water for the time it was until moved to higher ground. The stands that were water damaged can be chucked and replaced. Shi double ty deal all around. Just glad to have what I have that wasnt damaged and will salvage what I can once the water is gone. Like I mentioned again in my you tube video I needed to water proof the walls. Guess I should have said unclog the drain because there is no reason I should have had that much water in my basement without having a clogged drain. The joys of problems life can throw at you.

Ok Im done rambling on about my crappy week Ive had. Hope to be back building again by the end of the weekend. Now that the high speed internet connection is back I will be uploading pics of the current build I have been doing in my absence that I took during the build process to this point of my Darrell Waltrip Nascar #11 Pepsi I believe its from 1986ish asap. Glad to be back and definitely missed participating on the forum during my absence.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, sounds like damage was minimal and can be fixed. Get the drain fixed and if this isn't the first time you have had water in your basement, maybe it is time for a sump pump. I had similar issues when I lived in Illinois and a sump pump with battery backup solved my problems.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Believe it or not its all drained out already. I just dont get it. The guy had to reschedule on me but I have a roto rooter coming on Wednesday as well as a ceptic cleaner as I was told this could have happened because the septic is full. So Ill kill two birds with one stone. The way my drain pipe runs through the yard to the ditch before the road, theres a HUGE pine tree in the path. I was told the pine tree roots could be running through my pipe clogging things up which the roto rooter will solve. Ill have my septic system pumped so that cant be the problem anymore either. Either way everything is getting fixed asap as I want no more water in the basement ha ha.