Model Cars Magazine Forum

R&R Resin still pulling bodies?

Yes, Ray is still making product, but he's no longer selling it himself. Seems where he was talking about retiring for a long time, the part of the business that he didn't like was traveling to all the shows and shipping product. Dan is right, you can get his stuff at Resin Realm or on eBay where the seller is Ms Mighty Mouse. You will find a bunch of his stuff up for sale at most times there. Just don't bid much over starting price since the same kits will be available over and over and a lot of them expire without a bid.

I have heard from a reliable source that Ruth is in ill health, and Ray is SERIOUSL talking about retirement. Ruth, his wife, pours most of the resin, while Ray handles most of the rest. I had the opportunity to visit his shop for several hours, a couple years ago It's sorta like that 'American Picker's program, only all model car or pre 32 Ford related......just plain amazing !

I used to have a Model swap meet in Wichita, Ks... Ray was at a couple of the shows selling his stuff... Ray is a great guy but his stuff is slightly better than TCM stuff... there is alot of his stuff that only he makes so if it is a subject matter that you really want his stuff is worth the little extra time to do wome rework on... Dan

I've gotten quite a few bodies from Ray. He suffers from Cancer so he's alotta times in ALOT of pain and the hassle of doin shows is wearin on him. He CAN be VERY gruff, downright rude IF you DON'T know what wrong. I've gotten to know him over the years and I've met Ruth and his daughter and son in law. Nice folks. As long as Ray has his meds, he can be quite interesting to talk with. As for selling his stuff,Steve Kohler is the ONLY guy I know of that carries his line. And I CAN'T say ENOUGH good about Steve, he's the BEST!!!!!

Just an FYI... Steve does a pretty good job of going through and weeding out the total junk... You will tend to get the best of what Ray offers... So I guess to summerize, buying from Steve is almost like standing and looking at it in person... Steve is one of the most honest guys I have ever dealt with in any industries... Just my opinion... Dan

An FYI for everyone- I spoke with Ray today at the Mid-Michigan Model Makers contest & show, and to use his word, he "DOES NOT HAVE CANCER ! and he is feeling very well". Also, his lovely wife Ruth is also in good health, with marked improvement in some eye issues she had been dealing with. He is still pouring & casting bodies, and may soon announce new outlet for his products. SO, stop the rumors and focus on the positive in life!

:D

Al

and to use his word, he "DOES NOT HAVE CANCER ! and he is feeling very well". Also, his lovely wife Ruth is also in good health, with marked improvement in some eye issues she had been dealing with.

Thank God! And thanks for letting us know the good news Al. Very happy to hear all is well with the Parsons!

Ray has health issues like everyone else our *amen* age . He is hard to get to know . Once you do he is quite knowledgeable about our Hobby and pre-'32 Fords . He has worked with me in days gone by with problems I had . He did fixes for my problems . I cannot go to shows and haven't been able since 2005 . I totally understand Ray not going either . He and Ruth are nice people .<br />Steve is the only and best way to buy R&amp;R products . He will fix what is wrong . I believe he will tell you about any thing he sells up front when you ask . I know Steve warned me . I bought it and was able to fix / build the Car . Steve answers all Emails . You may have to wait until the weekend as he has a Full Time (Real) Employment . Ask about any Satisfaction coverage . I know there is a return policy . It may be for bad products ?<br />I just cannot say enough about the Good People in the Resin Casting Business . Thanx ..

I have been to his shop alot , And he and his wife are 2 of the nicest people you would ever want to meet...As far as the gruffness....Well you just need to take it like a grain of salt......If he doesn't like you...He would be rude...And rush you out of the shop ,But I have NEVER had any problems like that......I have actually spent time at Rays house sitting outside with him just talking about models and his Model A Ford's.....And his Model Car Collection......Is amazing.

Edited by spkgibson

• 2 months later...