Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Gibson Bone" CROSSROADS BLUES '32 (Stacey David's Rat Roaster)

Dr. Cranky

Doc, you continue to amaze me! This build was well planed from the beginning. The guitar and amplifier are the icing on the cake. Your weathering always looks perfect. Just one question, you are only showing one side in the pictures. I noticed kind of a white-out going on on the driver's side door earlier while you were in the process, what was up with that? Just curious if that was part of a plan. Our LHS now has them in stock for &19.99, I will have one by the end of the week.

That looks very mean! B) I like that paint job and those details looks very nice. Flat black in '32 Ford looks always good. Nice Job!

Matti, thanks. Interesting you think that is black in color. Would you believe that there's very little black black in this build. It's all dark grey, blue, and quite a bit of Nato black, which is a very dark grey.

Ron, what do you mean, white out? Part of the problem with a dark subject is getting the light just right. I've had a heck of a time. In fact, I've taken a few more pictures and added a couple more details. Stay tuned in for those.

Yeah Doc, I guess "white-out " is kind of a northern term maybe, like when the snow causes a white-out condition on the road where you can't tell where the road is any more. I probably didn't use that in the proper sense. Anyway, I was just wondering why you made the driver's door more white. Now that I see the primer spot on the right rear I'm thinking it is just part of the "Rat" look. I just keep noticing more details, I'm sure I will keep looking back over and over. More pictures of the junk in the trunk please, I remember seeing some magazines and such. Great build from a busy man, wish I had half of your energy and skill. Nice going!

Ah, yes, now I get it, Ron. You were talking about the driver's door. Yes, well, here's the truth. I messed up when I was lining up the template to shoot the graphic, so I masked the door and shot primer to cover up the mistake, and then airbrushed the graphic again, made it look like what would happen in real life, I guess. The mistake turned into a different result I could live with.

Dr. .........."WOW" this is just FANTASTIC!!!!!!!..........very well executed build........all the details and scratch built parts AWESOME!!!!!!!!........wish I could see this in person.........hopefully some day I will be able to see all your Laboratory creations :)

The feeling is mutual, my friend. I hope so.