Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Plymouth and Midget

Taxdude

So i finished a couple of models last year (a big year for me) This is my 57 Plymouth Suburban Sport wagon from Modelhaus along with a V8-60 midget. The wagon is factory stock painted Ivy Green Metallic and Sand Dune White. The kit went together very well with just minor additions to the exterior, side view mirrors and wipers from the AMT 57 Chrysler 300 and a radio antenna. The interior need more work. The seats were replaced and the instrument panel was totally reworked. I also added to the trunk area some items that you need for a night of racing, gas can, toolbox, bottle jack, spare tires, box of motor oils and other various items. There was also some thinning of the floorboards and top of the chassis in order to get the fit to look better.

The midget is simply a working guys weekend racer with local sponsorship. I wire and plumbed the engine and also added screens to the carbs. Carb linkage was added to the firewall and heat shields were added to the exhaust by the cockpit. All of the chrome was stripped and then sprayed with Alclad. The wheels and tires came from Replicas & Miniatures Co of Maryland. The decals are homemade on a color laser printer. I probably missed some stuff but you get the idea

IMG_5451-vi.jpgIMG_5482-vi.jpg

IMG_5452-vi.jpgIMG_5457-vi.jpgIMG_5478-vi.jpgIMG_5454-vi.jpgIMG_5491-vi.jpgIMG_5475-vi.jpgIMG_5435-vi.jpgIMG_5456-vi.jpg