Model Cars Magazine Forum

looking for suggestions

AK_Invader

i dont have any pics of it but i use medical tape. i use sharpie to black or red, i use it for my chute bags, blower bags on the engine and wrap my lenco tranny in it as well as seat belts. it works well for 24th scale and looks very real. just make your pattern out of paper first and make sure it fits and wraps well, then transfer it to the medical tape. you can get it at wal mart with the bandages, two white rolls, 24 yards for 3.29

Bruce... you are welcome. I have to agree with you that they have possibilities. I have been trying to find what would work best for parachute chord material and when I ran across these I had to pick them up. I do have to say what Rick posted looks great as well.

Not to get nitpicky, but what you are replicating there are not the actual parachute shroud lines, but the fireproof cover that's required to cover them (and also the chute itself). You can see in the photo at the beginning of the thread how the covers snap over the shroud lines and when the chute(s) deploy, the lines pop free of the covers, which are anchored at the chute. These covers are pretty smooth in texture so using material with a fabric texture to replicate them isn't really necessary......they're more like a really heavy tightly-woven cloth-type material.

Edited by Mark Brown