Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Dart Two Dr post coupe conversion.

I have a couple of his bodies and Yes it is AFXNScale is the manufacturer. No complaints on anything I've bought yet . I have a 68 Dart funny car , 69 and 1970 Firebird funnycar bodies and the sixpack hood for the 69 roadrunner.

But like mentioned I think it's a consignment seller. They may lay off a particular item your after for a week or so,,,but just add him to your favorite sellers list and you get emails when they list new items.

Yes, I thought I recognized the product as AFX. No mention of it in the auctions. I won the Opel Cadet gasser. I'm hoping to build it more stock though. Does anyone have that one and can give an opinion?

The reason there is no mention of it in the auctions is because of the poor reputation that Wendall (AF/X) has that he hides behind this Ebay name... He has been kicked off of Ebay under several different names... He also sell his stuff through family members on Ebay so when you are buying these products you are rolling the dice on if you will get it... History with them shows they go along pretty good for a while then all of a sudden they disappear...

Update- I paid for the Opel Kadett body and '67 Dart conversion kit yesterday and got an email that it was shipped today. Hoping to see it by Saturday.

I also won the 68' GTO Funny Car body to make a Tempest or Lemans out of.....Nice body...and it's 1/25scale.

John, I scratch built the front bench seat from a rear seat, and I ordered the 67 conversion (grill and tail lights)with the body several years ago from Wendell (AFXnScale)

Thanks for your reply :) .

Stupid question time ; how did you replicate the 1967 upholstery pattern ; and , are you going to modify / scratch build the door panels ?

Hopefully Revell will backdate their gorgeous 1969-come-1968 Dart GTS to a 1967 GT/ GTS ; or perhaps Missing Link will cast up a conversion kit ( grille , tail lights / panel , seating and door panels ) .

I also won the 68' GTO Funny Car body to make a Tempest or Lemans out of.....Nice body...and it's 1/25scale.

This was the body that took aver 8 months and threats of reporting him to E-Bay that got me MY 68 GTO. I built it stock after opening up the hood. It would be NICE if the added the 68 ONLY Dashboard! I got mine from Steve Mullberry, the guys a GREAT modeler and forum brother!

This was the body that took aver 8 months and threats of reporting him to E-Bay that got me MY 68 GTO. I built it stock after opening up the hood. It would be NICE if the added the 68 ONLY Dashboard! I got mine from Steve Mullberry, the guys a GREAT modeler and forum brother!

That would be nice to have the dash .....anyone?....Just checked and it should be here tomorrow or Saturday.....I'm liking the 67' Dart interior so far....I have the same conversion ...Minus the body.....I'm using the 70' Torino kit seats to backdate the 68' interior.

• 3 months later...

The items I am selling are not produced by AF/X Resin like stated but I purchased alot of his molds when he went out of business so basically the molds where his but now I have them and we make new bodies all the time. I will post my website this week where you can buy them directly from me without the waiting months to receive them.

Mark, the molds only last for a limited amount of castings then they are done. Did you get any of the masters, if not keep the first runs you had made from the molds and keep them as masters.

Wendell burned me for several bodies I paid for ............

John,

He went out of business selling stuff he still does make some stuff I know that but he is real good at casting just a crappy salesperson and bad customer service and there are not to many people that would buy from him now because of his past reputation.

Alan,

I do have a copy of all of them I have, that sucks he burned you! You decals look nice maybe I will do some business with you at some point.

Mark