Model Cars Magazine Forum

Full detail Batmobile build.

Custom Hearse

I have been working on this build for awhile, but took a break on it. The photoetched parts are nice, and the parts are really well made.

interesting tip... The intake manifolds from the AMT '60 Ford Starliner kit fits with no modifications whatsoever. So if you want to build the Batmobile engine with dual 4 barrels(which is what I did), or the three 2 barrel carbs, the manifolds fit perfectly!

2012-11-30230225_zpsa3dc6274.jpg

2012-11-30230118_zps5a60041d.jpg

2012-11-30230415_zps1e8eb4bc.jpg

I made the rocket tubes out of aluminum tubing. The instructions have the measurements:

001-4_zps1d17d10d.jpg

The bats for the wheels are photo-etched as well

002-5_zps220b2a9f.jpg

More pics to come...

Edited by Custom Hearse

003-2_zpsf0619318.jpg

Here's the engine with the dual 4's from the Starliner kit:

2013-02-05233117_zps5f4d990b.jpg

When I get done with the Turnpiker Pete I plan to finish this one...

I read somewhere that someone said the kit doesn't include the Batman/Robin figures, but they were in this kit. You have to assemble and paint them though...

Edited by Custom Hearse

Thanks David. It's a great kit, and I've had no serious issues with building it.

The hearse in the background is a replacement of the pro street hearse I built. Some very rude and obnoxious people decided to break into my storage unit and borrow a few things without asking. In the process, they destroyed the original hearse I had, so I'm doing another, but with a new twist... SSSSTTTTRRRREEEETTTTCCCCHHHHIIIINNNNGGGG it! :lol:

R.I.P. :(

IMG_0403.jpg

although i always smiled when i saw this car and thought man thats ugly , i still think its got a lot of character and charm :)

looking great and the paint work and red lines look perfect !!!!!

Thanks Richard! The paint is dusty in the pics, and the lines are decals... I do appreciate the compliment! :)

Here's the figures that are included in the kit. They feel like they are made of resin, but there is no mention of what they are made of in the kit... On with the pictures

2013-02-08103849_zps8becd1e7.jpg

2013-02-08103829_zps5bd882c7.jpg

Batman has his hands so they hold the steering wheel, and Robin is hanging on for dear life to the top of the windshield. :lol:

I'll be finishing this build right after the Pete is finished.

Yeah Tony... You'd think that Round 2/Polar Lights would add them to the regular kit...

These figures come unpainted and have to be assembled. The kit also includes the Penguins umbrella, and penguins decals but the penguin is absent. I guess this is in reference to the Batman movie, where the penguin gasses Batman and Robin, and steals the Batmobile...

The kit also includes 2 different chassis', and includes the turbine engine.

Sorry to hear your caddi got nicked I had a similar thing happen . a drunk ex freind trod on a realy nice 40 ford that I had just finished then made out he knew nothing about it ! I got my own back tho I accidently filled his TV with my beer lol poof :lol:

And I'll bet you knew nothing about his TV... :lol::lol::lol:

that car sure brings back memories, couldn't wait to get home from school to watch it, nice work on it Marshall

Thanks Bill! I did the same thing... Rushed home, made a snack, and watched all the BIF's , BAM's, and KERPOW's fly across the screen! B):lol:

Edited by Custom Hearse