Model Cars Magazine Forum

Improved Lighting & Magnification Options?

• 8 months later...

Thought I would post a heads up:  I purchased two Honeywell LED 4' shop lights (at Sams) to replace two regular shop lights over my model room workbench. A huge improvement in lighting; much brighter working conditions now. Only paid $18/shoplight which includes the bulbs. Money well spent. 🙂

Joe

• 1 month later...

I have seen what is advertised as a artists LED lighting unit.

It is mains powered, and designed with a flexible stem and clamp, presumably for portability to attach it to an easel or shelf edge. It is designed with two sets of LED lights that are in a movable Vee shape and the actual lighting levels are adjustable too. Am thinking about buying one for the extra lighting capacity around my workshop.

At present my lighting setup is two angle poise lamps set on each side of my work bench with cold white light LED bulbs fitted. Works well for the modelling and when I set up for work in progress photography. Glare has not been mentioned. I wear an old baseball cap as the long peak keeps any direct lamp glare out of my eyes.