Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 1963 Chrysler Turbine

Dr Plastic

Hi everyone. i would like to present for your perusal my first post on this fine forum.

It is the ancient Johan 1963 Chrysler Turbine. Finished in MCW Chrysler Turbine bronze metallic (#6655)

She features a lot of detailing in the engine bay and interior.

All except some period correct license plates and touch up in some areas she is ready for the world!

IMG_3893-vi.jpg

IMG_3892-vi.jpg

IMG_3884-vi.jpg

IMG_3898-vi.jpg

IMG_3900-vi.jpg

IMG_3901-vi.jpg

IMG_3903-vi.jpg

IMG_3905-vi.jpg

IMG_3906-vi.jpg

IMG_3909-vi.jpg

Click here for more pics.

Enjoy!

Edited by Dr Plastic
  • Like 1

That looks great! It's nice to see yet another build of this car! I did one a few months back....(elsewhere in this forum) and I don't want to do another for awhile! :)

Your engine bay detail looks good..............more detailed than I decided to do with mine!

.................and BTW welcome! Hope to see you post some more builds!

• 7 years later...

A great model and brilliant build.

I always think this model does not get the credit it deserves. Just about everything is operational on it except the steering wheel and side windows. The more recent mouldings from the 1980-90s though suffered horrendous flash on the chrome tree. Did they improve this for the latest issue?

Fantastic job Scott!!

This sure was a beautiful kit for it's day. As a matter of fact, I would say it rivals most modern kits.

A real testament to what Johan could have done if they could have hung in there longer.

Some day I'll need to find another one of these.

I had one years ago & still have a few of it's parts, but where the rest of it went, I have no clue! :)

Nice work Scott!

Steve

I wonder what ever happened to Scott? (remember, this post is from 2007!)...

Well, a search shows he has an active Facebook account. Lots of pictures on there of model planes, as well as armour.

Looks like he may have simply switched gears. But I agree with everybody else, that's probably the nicest turbine build

I've ever seen. B)

• 1 year later...

Fantastic job Scott!!

This sure was a beautiful kit for it's day. As a matter of fact, I would say it rivals most modern kits.

A real testament to what Johan could have done if they could have hung in there longer.

Some day I'll need to find another one of these.

I had one years ago & still have a few of it's parts, but where the rest of it went, I have no clue! :)

Nice work Scott!

Steve

I've got one that seems to only be missing a wheel cover. And someone glued the engine block together. If you're interested, PM me! 

• 3 years later...

Beautiful job on this. It was done so long ago, but this kit was on my 'bucket list' and I just recently started it. In my opinion yours and Mr. Obsessive's build may share the title of 'gold standard' for this kit. Thanks for the extensive photo documentation. 

WOW ! you did a awesome job on that build. I have this kit in my stash it has been setting there for 30 years untouched I just never got around to it I love it now seeing this I will have to get started on it I have the full detail kit from JoHan like yours with the opening doors and trunk in the flat box.