Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 General Lee

JM485

Here is another past build. It is the 1/16 69 Charger General Lee from Round 2, however I modified the heck out of it to make it somewhat resemble a stock charger like the Duke boys had. I opened the trunk, and built a new engine bay and front suspension. Exhaust is also scratchbuilt along with the tank straps. Interior is about 50% scratchbuilt, including a rear seat and center console. This project taught me a lot about scratchbuilding, and although I could probably build it better now, it is still one of my favorite builds and a lot of time and effort was put into it. Hope you guys enjoy! :D

Link to WIP: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/29/p/102662/964590.aspx#964590

Completed pics:

IMG_0373_zps00843026.jpg

IMG_0377_zps33387fd9.jpg

IMG_0386_zps91a2b727.jpg

For size reference

IMG_0381_zps61793f57.jpg

IMG_0380_zpsce75b5be.jpg

IMG_0379_zpsfd8c8647.jpg

Complete with spare tire and bows with dynamite arrows!

IMG_0385_zps11cb3448.jpg

IMG_0382_zps09544fcd.jpg

Thanks a lot guys!

LOOKS REAL NICE JOSH.

DID YOU DO ANY MODS TO THE REAR WINDOW, I THOUGHT THESE KITS CAME WITH A FLUSH BACK GLASS?

No, luckily the 1/16 kit comes with the correct rear glass. I think the newer 1/24 kits also come with the correct glass, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

NICE build! It's got all the right fixes and added details. Very cool.

I just got this kit and have an RMR resin transkit on the way - I hope to build the 1970 K&K Charger Daytona grand national.

Is that the out-of-box ride height for the front wheels? i like how they're tucked into the wheel opening.

Edited by Matt T.

NICE build! It's got all the right fixes and added details. Very cool.

I just got this kit and have an RMR resin transkit on the way - I hope to build the 1970 K&K Charger Daytona grand national.

Is that the out-of-box ride height for the front wheels? i like how they're tucked into the wheel opening.

Matt, I honestly couldn't tell you how it looks right out of the box because I modified the front end so much. The only way I could get mine to look like that is to have the lower control arms rest on the frame.

About this transkit, does it provide you with everything you need to build a stock charger?

Heres a pic of my WIP Daytona conversion from RMR.

I blended the nose in and I am obviously not trying to build a 100% correct Daytona.

I figured someone might like a pic of the conversion piece since it's mentioned here...

I will be buying another conversion kit soon.

post-9657-0-09237100-1360415491_thumb.jp

James, they are the wheels from the Lake Speed NASCAR kit.

I stripped them, adjusted the backspacing, and painted them black.

I then used a spun aluminim salt flat moon disk as a dog dish hubcap.

They are currently on my WIP Po-Leece Charger...

post-9657-0-83171000-1360992330_thumb.pn

Josh, AWESOME work !!!!!