Better Pictures of the S10

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Older build, painted Testor's Copper, shaved handels, static drop on stock suspension, wheels and tires from the Revell 1969 Nova

IMG_7052_zpsf90c391b.jpg

Bed cover is made out of an old notebook cover

IMG_7056_zps67641a09.jpg

Motor is also out of the 1969 Nova

IMG_7054_zps079acfeb.jpg

Side exhaust to help the v8 breath a little better

IMG_7055_zps984c0f1b.jpg

Edited by Pullin Gears

Posted · Report post

My 98 s10 has a 4 cyl. that looks to big to fit in the truck. GM was crazy enough to cram a v6 in that tiny engine compartment, and you were crazy enough to cram a v8 into an s10. I dont know how it could be done on a 1:1 s10, but Im sure you could do it.

Posted · Report post

The Penny air cleaner is a great touch

Posted · Report post

My 98 s10 has a 4 cyl. that looks to big to fit in the truck. GM was crazy enough to cram a v6 in that tiny engine compartment, and you were crazy enough to cram a v8 into an s10. I dont know how it could be done on a 1:1 s10, but Im sure you could do it.

I have seen this done on a 1:1 but, not with the penny. :lol: I think someone may have a kit for this. Great job on the model. I passed this one up about four times before finally looking at it. Not disappointed at all, very nice.

Posted · Report post

Awesome looking S10, around here thats the first thing they do is put a v8 in them, were close by 2 drag strips

Posted · Report post

V8 drops right in if you notch the radiator core support 2 inches in 1:1. Truck looks good!

Posted · Report post

V8 drops right in if you notch the radiator core support 2 inches in 1:1. Truck looks good!

I thought I remembered something about the radiator support on the one I saw. The guy had a little piece of 2x4 in there for a temporary brace until he could make a part for it. I'm sure guys have found a lot better way of making this exchange now, it was years ago.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, the V8 swap is pretty common now, Car Craft magazine did one with a Tuned Port 350 that I think is going to be smog legal. They even showed a book that shows you how to do the swap and what parts you need.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, the V8 swap is pretty common now, Car Craft magazine did one with a Tuned Port 350 that I think is going to be smog legal. They even showed a book that shows you how to do the swap and what parts you need.

The book was made by a company called Jaguars that run... which got their start doing small block swaps in Jags. Helped a friend a while back that swapped a vortec 350 into a 95

Posted · Report post

Cool!

Posted · Report post

That's one clean little s10. Like the copper color along with the penny air cleaner but the chevy logo shaped rear view mirror was a cool little touch. Nice looking build.

Posted · Report post

Just noticed the license plate, that's also a nice touch.

Posted · Report post

Thanks!