Hobby Shops...Nashville? Atlanta?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi! I'm travelling to Nashville and Atlanta this Saturday for a week. Can anyone recommend any hobby shops in the general area. I'm willing to drive a bit. I don't get a chance to buy stuff from the US very often. (from Canada,eh!) Thanks for any advice!

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

The Nashville area Hobbytown USA is here:

Murfreesboro (Nashville Metro)
536 North Thompson Lane, Suite J
Murfreesboro, TN 371

There are 3 Atlanta Metro area stores:

Cumming (Atlanta Metro)
911 Market Place Blvd., Ste 11
Cumming, GA 30041 (770) 651-8170
htucumming@comcast.netGet Directions Duluth Store ProfileShop NowMap Duluth (Atlanta Metro)
3360 Satellite Blvd. Suite 14
Duluth, GA 30096 (770) 418-0850
info@hobbytownduluth.comGet Directions Kennesaw Store ProfileShop NowMap Kennesaw (Atlanta Metro)
840 Ernest W. Barrett Pkwy NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Use a map app to find them.

Just use Google to find any other area stores, or chains like Hobby Lobby, and what they offer.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There's also a Hobby Lobby within 100 yards of the Kennesaw Hobbytown mentioned above. The Kennesaw locations are a few miles north of the Atlanta city area, just off of I-75 and I-575, very easy to find. There is also a Michael's in the same area.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted · Report post

JMTCW... but I think that the HobbyTown @ Duluth is the better of all of them although it is not the largest. Very friendly staff and fairly well stocked for a small store! Wish you could have visited back in the day when Auto Motif was in business! Now that was a Great Shop! and for what its worth there is a small shop in Blue Ridge Ga that is pretty good. Sorry I cant remember the name of it right now!

Posted · Report post

Was gonna recommend Auto-Motif. Didn't know they closed. Great little shop,wide selection of 1/43 kits and lotsa rare reference books.Miss that place!!!!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try them out. Too bad about Automotif...it sounds perfect...unfortunately hobby shops seem to be a dying breed everywhere. Cheers!