Model Cars Magazine Forum

New re-release King Cobra kit update 2-12-13

cobraman

Decided this should be my next build. I was going to just add this unopened to my collection but wanted to build it so I orderd another one for collection. I am going to try and replicate the drawing on the side panel of the box. Not the best look for a Cobra but will be something different for the display case. Not too much done yet. Body primed as is chassis. Some smaller parts pre-painted. Still lots to do. I really like the addition of the metal stacks and the beautiful pad printed tires.

newcobrabuild001_zpsb3476be6.jpg

newcobrabuild002_zpse00f290a.jpgnewcobrabuild003_zpsf2cb7d97.jpg

Edited by cobraman

by metal stacks do you mean it comes with aluminum intake tubes for hilborn injection? i understand the opel GT will also have them for the Buick V6 that has been in the kit forever. great upgrade if you ask me and even though i have two of the Opels already i will be buying another strictly on the power of those injection tubes. are they flared at the top? mind posting a pic of them please?

ps: just make sure that funny looking top isnt glued on and it should be fine!

ive also been meaning to ask: why did AMT call this the "King Cobra"? wasnt the King Cobra a completely different car? not to mention that Torino or whatever that blob was that used the name.

Yes, I meant the stacks for the engine. There will be no roof. I am doing up this one like the one on the side panel not the top. As to why they called it the King Cobra I don't know maybe just because there is a King Cobra snake. And yes, there was a King Cobra car that was much different not to be confused with the 1978 Mustang King Cobra.