Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Oldsmobile Fastback Sedan

BHarrison

Here are some very early shots of my current project. Its a 1950 Oldsmobile Fastback conversion by Promolite. This is a super well made resin conversion body. Its very clean and plastic-like, as is all of his products. Its going to be a contemporary style car with 18"/20" wheels, triangulated four link, rear chassis mini-tubbed. The engine is still up in the air possibly a BBC or LS1. I'll try to keep this updated. These are just some early stance mockup shots during the chassis mods. I have since made the door glass one piece by eliminating the vent windows. The firewall has also been smoothed and flattened slightly. I'll try to update with more pics soon. Thanks for looking! Have a blessed day!

image_zpsede03712.jpg

image_zpsba3197a7.jpg

image_zps0e2c3401.jpg

image_zps791f6726.jpg

Super slick. What are your ideas for color and finish? The big chrome T's and the sleeved rears set such a modern tone.

Great looking build. Can't wait to see the finished product. I like it better with the side trim on it, unlike the 1:1 pictured.
Does anyone have a link to Tom's site with current products? I couldn't find this one on his Fotki page.

Later-

Link to overall Fotki Site: http://public.fotki.com/tomcoolidge/

Link to Revell Olds pics: http://public.fotki.com/tomcoolidge/revell-1950-oldsmob/

Looks like you'll have to e-mail Coolidge for prices, delivery, etc. unless someone knows a better way... E-Mail: promolite2000@aol.com

Edited by Bernard Kron