Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red Baron, box stock, and Modified....

RatRod

Finally got the helmet repainted on the stock version, so I thought I'd show these here. Built both RB's back in 2010 for the "Fools with no rules" online contest on the Showrod forum. The stock version was built in 2 1/2 days after I finished the modified version. These kits are pretty simple, and the only problem I had was the red plastic on this one. I think the kits I used were from '94, and '98, one was in a dark red plastic, the other was in a soft lighter red plastic (this one) as soon as I shot the clear......bang.....bleed through. It was fixed using a tip from this forum!!!

P1010020-3_zps1297cda3.jpg

P1010018-3_zpsaaab58d5.jpgP1010019-3_zps03a838f5.jpg

P1010019-3_zps03a838f5.jpg

The modified version took a little longer, and was built with the thought "What if Tom Daniel would have designed this when he was doing his wide tire creations". I chopped the surfer helmet 1/4", two 1/8" slices were removed at places where everything would work with the stock body. The rear suspension was lowered, and several bits were scratched.

P1010001-3.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

• 1 year later...