Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alternomad II

TooOld

I pulled this from my stash a month or so ago and started cutting it up . I chopped the roof , slid it forward 1/4 inch , and changed the angle of the tailgate . Then I cut the grooves in the roof to mimic the original Nomads . Next I tucked that big ol' bumper in close to the body , opened the grille , and added headlights from the Revell 2009 Challenger . Side mirrors were taken from the Revell '86 Monte Carlo .

After all that was done I lost interest and sat it aside for a few weeks . I was ready to pack it up when I decided to finish it and get it over with , so I glued the hood shut and made it a curbside ! The paint is Duplicolor Chili Pepper Red over base coats of flat black and bright silver , then cleared with Rustoleum Automotive Enamel . The wheels and tires are Pegasus .

I can only post photos in a " reply " so they will be posted next .

Thanks and I hope you like it !

That's the best version of the Alternomad I've seen Bob!! The lowered roof makes all of the difference! I have a project that I put the roof from the Alternomad onto the Impala SS. Now I know what I need to do to make it look better! Thanx for showing me how it's done!

Thanks Roger ! It's an easy chop . PM me if you have any questions .