Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor City Resin?

I was looking to order one of there Ford trans kits, body, frame, inter tub, bumpers and tail lights. how good of a casting are they? do you need to spend weeks thining the body and inter tub to get them to look good? Ive ordered other parts from them but its been over a year and have never ordered a body from them.

They are excellent kits and the bodies don't need any thinning at all , they look almost like a polystyrene body ! They are also more flexible than most resin bodies which means no broken parts . I bought their '72 Ranchero and the only part that need some work to fit properly was the front grille / bumper but it looked great when I was done . Also the windshield / windows are typical of vacuum formed windows and need some careful trimming to fit in the body .

I'd say go ahead and buy one , they are worth the extra money .

You can not go wrong. I have built the 72 tornio wagon and the casting was beautiful. I am partway through the 70 1/2 falcon which you would think was styrene except for the fact it is slightly heavier.

Excellent customer service as well.

Edited by kurth

• 1 month later...