Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel system 392 Hemi question

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I am building the Hemi from the Revell '41 Willys and trying to get some basic detail - I can't figure out where the fuel pump is or where the fuel comes from. I would like to run the fuel from a Moon tank to the blower - google searches have been in vain (about an hour looking at "392 Hemi" hasn't shown where the fuel comes from).

From what I can tell, the model engine has a water pump on it - so can I run a front mounted pump off that? Where does the fuel come from? I see lines going of the back of the engine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted

Yes, on one of my Willys builds I used a front mounted pump connected to the water pump. From the pump I ran a line to a fuel block in front of the injectors and then a seperate line to the side of each injector. I hope this helps.

Posted (edited)

The fuel injection pump is driven from the front cover on most blown applications. It's the thing with the fittings and hoses all over it below the blower-belt idler pulley. Fuel comes from a Moon tank, to the pump, up to the injector, back to the tank.

hrdp-1301-09+the-project-200-mph-reunion86515775.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy