Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell "Goodguys" '37 Ford Coupe Street Rod

pettiner

I just picked this kit up Saturday, at the Super September Showdown contest in Gilbertsville. It says it has a 'lowered' suspension, and along with the 'Budnik' looking wheels and low profile tires, will sit pretty low. They are one of the nicer sets of bigger diameter wheels and tires in the newer kits. Also included are white walls for this set. The only thing I would have liked better is if they were big-'n-littles. This kit does still have the VERY nice big-'n-little Cragars and tires the earlier version (yellow car on box) had. It also now has a 'modern fuel induction system' on the small block Chevy. They should have just put the Speedwagon motor in it, but oh well. The new decals also have some new graphics, pinstriping, and disc rotor detail. Hey Tom, Lyle was there, too!

• 1 month later...

Just picked up the new release and there have been some additions

Engine: New TPI intake consisting of 5 chrome pieces and unplated fan belt.

Suspension: New rear axle center and front spindles.

Radiator: New top tank, chrome.

Wheels: New large diameter wheels and tires, nice. Disc brakes also.

revellcoupe-vi.jpg

Decals: Feature larger pinstripe images than last time, disc brake details and whitewalls for the new tires.

All the old parts are still there, nothing has been deleted, even the old staight axle set-up, so you can build the 'old school' rod with 15 inch wheels and tires and carbed engine or the new version.

Hey, your first picture James! Looks great. Was it easy? :-)

New DSL explorer installed yesterday. Remember how easy it was to find the picture I wanted to upload on the old system? That is gone now. But compared to changing internet explorers, it was a cake walk.

Edited by James W

• 5 years later...

If anyone buys the almost-here reissue, I'd love to know if the Cragar S/S wheels are still included. I don't recall them being in the Goodguys reissue, but it'd be nice if they still are present.

attachicon.giflrmxs4097.jpg

It may have gotten lost in the full description but, Randy stated "This kit does still have the VERY nice big-'n-little Cragars and tires the earlier version (yellow car on box) had." I hope this helps.

These kits have always been the one of the nicest kits Monogram has ever put out. Being 1/24 is a pain in the butt for kitbashing purposes, but from a box stock perspective, these kits are hard to beat. The running gear, engines and interiors scream 1990's but they sure do build up nice. I've built the sedan and convertible, and I have the coupe waiting in the stash. I'm really going to try to go traditional with it. The Revellogram 1/24 '40 Pick-up should get me pretty close in the chassis and suspension department. The interior is going to be the real trick though. :D