Model Cars Magazine Forum

55' Chevy Cameo 1/25 AMT

This could be the worst kit i have ever made...The only reason i could finished this kit; is my respect to the actual car...

My inspiration was, the popular 57 chevy...

I will probably paint the windshields white, and put a license plate to the back..

Here is the box...

IMG_6710_zps26612f83.jpg

and the reference 57....

Stanceworks-4_zps498da1c1.jpg

and finished model...

20130212_161753_zps51555e0c.jpg

20130212_161815_zpsaaae7760.jpg

20130212_161826_zps47a70f01.jpg

20130212_161858_zpsf41f25e8.jpg

I think it looks great, why don't you like it? I like the satin red finish with the white and the lowered stance. When you say you are going to paint the windshields white, I think you mean what we call headlights in the USA. Be proud of this model it looks great and I would leave the windshields like they are. Nice job! :)

Cool! Nice stance. But, your driver lost the fuelcap!

Thanks Dominic, he lost it and i found it..will be paint white ;)

if that was your worst kit, can't wait to see your best. I think it looks great. I would be happy to argue with you !!

Thanks a lot Chris, i loved the finished model..It is just the AMT kit i hate :D

Very nice!

Thanks Shane :)

Kekefe - Super nice truck ! Very clean !

The lack of Cameo trim reminds me of the Cameo's lesser-known cousin :the GMC Carryall (no trim on the bed ; typical GMC "Bull Nose" fascia ; and Pontiac engines ).

Thanks John..This is the first time that i hear Carryall, i will look for it...

I think it looks great, why don't you like it? I like the satin red finish with the white and the lowered stance. When you say you are going to paint the windshields white, I think you mean what we call headlights in the USA. Be proud of this model it looks great and I would leave the windshields like they are. Nice job! :)

The kit has several problems, i did not like the AMT kit..But once it is finished, it looks cool..I will consider what you said about windshields..Thanks :D

Very nice work. A great replica of your reference truck. Well done.

Thanks Hugh...

Cok Guzel!

Howcome??!!!??

Tom?? :)

TeÅŸekkurler ;)

Thanks John..This is the first time that i hear Carryall, i will look for it...

Kekefe - Super nice truck ! Very clean !

The lack of Cameo trim reminds me of the Cameo's lesser-known cousin :the GMC Carryall (no trim on the bed ; typical GMC "Bull Nose" fascia ; and Pontiac engines ).

I beleive you actually mean the Town and Country Runabout (early) or Suburban (late). It was never called a Carryall. Only the trucks with the V8 option had Pontiac engines, the 6 cylinder trucks used GMCs own inline 6. No kit is available, but Shawn Carpenter has a resin conversion for '55 and '57.

1955%20GMC%20Truck%20Ad-06.jpg

I beleive you actually mean the Town and Country Runabout (early) or Suburban (late). It was never called a Carryall. Only the trucks with the V8 option had Pontiac engines, the 6 cylinder trucks used GMCs own inline 6. No kit is available, but Shawn Carpenter has a resin conversion for '55 and '57.

1955%20GMC%20Truck%20Ad-06.jpg

Thanks for the clarification , Bill !

I just recently discovered the GMC version of the Cameo ! In all my 43 years , I'd never heard of them , let alone see one .

The GMC version is very rare, only about 1000 or so were built over the 5 year run, compared to over 5000 Cameos that were built just in '55, which was a short production year. Unlike Chevrolet, though, GMC continued to offer the Suburban/Town and Country after the Wideside (Fleetside) bed was introduced in mid '58.