Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 chevy pickup - little different

So Ive had this Hot Rod mag for a while now, and the cars in it were right up my alley, this one kept sticking out at me and will be the loose inpiration for this build. I like the sedan, but felt I could do better... some time has passed and I forgot about it.

DSC08863_zps7cff799b.jpg

then the other day, a 40% off coupon fell in my lap and I aquired a 41 chevy Pickup kit. Knowing I really only wanted the motor out of it for a different project, I felt conifdent throwing it in my stach of kits.

then I remembered that magazine and the wheels started turning. In that same stash I also have a couple older Pro Stock kits missing some parts, but this olds kit had the parts I think I can use!

DSC08858_zps50706f67.jpg

Going to use the motor (probably the trans) and rear suspention/axle/wheelie bars from the prostock kit, some sort of solid beam front axle (probably a 32 ford kit) and make my own frame rails (ill asses that soon and probably decide for sure thats better than hacking the chevy kit)

here is a quick mockup to see if i'm on the right track, using another parts box block and a set of 32 rails (maybe these can be cut to work?

DSC08861_zpsbd0c66dd.jpg

Edited by exesivefire

Could get VERY interesting ! Where did you get the rear tires ?

honestly not sure... they were in the box with the olds, but I dont think thats where they came from. I feel like they are from the older pro street malibu? Id like to find something just as tall but a little skinnier honestly.

doesnt look like much, but I got the real axle assembled and widened.

DSC08865_zps027298d6.jpg

Edited by exesivefire

• 5 months later...