Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Chevy Vega GT

mangodart

Hi guys,

here is my new model, still on the 70ies way I decide to stay this year with my buildings. I start with an MPC model, and decide to do the GT version, in the same color as in the 77 catalog. Unfortunatly, nobody does the decals to build this version so I try do them myself, with painting and masking method, this is the second attempt and it wasn't the nicest one concerning the letters but the cleanest for the surrounding. Lots of job was done on the bumpers to have them accurate. A bit of work on the engine bay also, and some detailing on the 4 cylinder ( the first one I built !!!! ). Wheels are from a Mustang II model.

Hope you'll like it !!!

DSC06815_zps917e95b5.jpg
DSC06809_zps038c6d30.jpg
DSC06810_zps9bcd1511.jpg
DSC06811_zps1d858289.jpg
DSC06812_zps9e6db062.jpg
DSC06813_zpsbb8dadd5.jpg

When we got married my wife was driving a Red 77 Vega. I hated the car.....it was big car parts in a small body. The clutch had to be the stiffest I have ever driven. And the steering was recirculating ball rather than rack and pinion and was very HEAVY. But it served us in the hard times as I took care of it and we sold it to put a down payment on a house.

Nice work on a kit not often seen. I have one in my stash to build her's one day.

Love the old Vegas! B)

I had that Vega in 1:1, except mine was a notch back! Wife made me trade it in on a 76 Caprice 4 door. Said it was too crowded with 4 kids! :lol: