Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 chevy "lomad"

mr.camaro

This is my current project in my impala/ bel air fixation. It's a 56 Chevy nomad from the revell California wheels series. I got it from my local model club for 5 bucks as a partially assembled glue bomb.

[url= IMAG1124.jpg

How it looked when I got it. I will upload progress pictures soon. Thanks

Edited by mr.camaro

My original plan was to turn it into a pre race derby car but plans quickly changed and I hacked the top off and cut out about 4 scale inches.

IMAG1127.jpg

I was happy with the results so she got a quick dunk in the pond and a shot of primer.

IMAG1128.jpg

I also decided I wanted a different look so I sanded off the top piece of chrome trim. More later thanks.

Had to lengthen the roof to line up with the doors. Also playing with the idea of making a panel wagon out of it but so far I'm not sure.

IMAG1139.jpg

IMAG1133.jpg

Added some braces to the inside of the roof to keep everything level and even while I fill in the gap. this is the first time I've done this so hopefully it turns out ok.

IMAG1140.jpg

Added some .25" strip styrene to the inside and started putty work.

IMAG1157.jpg

As it sits now. Still needs some attention to a couple low spots

IMAG1166.jpg

The roof fits the doors now which is even more important because my plan is to have opening doors and tailgate. Still unsure on making it a panel though. What do you guys think?

Edited by mr.camaro

Decided to do with the panel sides so I filled the inside of the back Windows with sheet styrene. I need to play with the curve around the back of the car to the rear pillars a bit more but its making progress. Thanks for everyones input.

IMAG1167.jpg

Also got the driver side door and the tailgate opened. I'm thinking about simplifying things and eliminating the vent window in favor of a modern full length door window.

IMAG1168.jpg

Edited by mr.camaro

Been busy at work but got a few minutes of work on the bench last night.

IMAG1169.jpg

Got the seats roughed in. Lots of sanding left but its a start. Also got the chassis sprayed duplicolor teal green.

IMAG1170.jpg

Engine mocked up for fit. Going to go with a dual quad intake as soon as I find one. More updates tomorrow. Thanks for looking