Model Cars Magazine Forum

'33 Ford Street Rod

CarModDave

Wow. It's been some time since I posted anything new so I thought I'd share the latest to come off the bench:

It's my version of the resin & white metal Testors/Jimmy Flintstone '33 Ford "Fire Roadstered" kit. Color is HoK Limetime Pearl and all of the "chrome" is actually the metal parts from the kit that were painfully sanded smooth and polished - with the exception of the wheels which are Pegasus (same for the tires). I also swapped out the kit gauges for MCG white faced gauges and grabbed a shifter from the parts box along with some Ken's flocking. Everything was attached using 5 minute epoxy in order to add some strength to those PITA metal parts!

Enjoy the pics:

Roadster4.jpg

Roadster14.jpg

Roadster16.jpg

Roadster9.jpg

Roadster23.jpg

Roadster6.jpg

Edited by CarModDave

dave....all i can say is....WoW....u really nailed it....neal

just noticed ur from tampa area im from ocala...u gonna be at NSRA nats in tampa in oct???...would luv to see it in person...my wife and i are both streetroders we will be there prob with her 32 ford hiboy roadster....hope to see u

Edited by outlaw035

That is one killer street rod, Dave. I hope to see it in person come October.

Thanks Wayne. Yep, I'll be there. Haven't missed an NSRA show in over 10 years! Looking forward to seeing you there!

dave....all i can say is....WoW....u really nailed it....neal

just noticed ur from tampa area im from ocala...u gonna be at NSRA nats in tampa in oct???...would luv to see it in person...my wife and i are both streetroders we will be there prob with her 32 ford hiboy roadster....hope to see u

I appreciate it, Neal. As I said to Wayne, I always make the trip to the NSRA SE Street Rod Nats every year. I'm actually about 50 miles south of Tampa (Bradenton) but I'm there to help out the MAGS model group. So make sure to look me up. I'll be hanging 'round the model car tables all weekend!