Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 67 Coronet

snoop

Hey everyone I just bought this kit and am starting to put it together. This is my first model in 13 years. I will post pics. later but I have noticed that revel has a lot of the colors way off. Also there is only 1 pic on the box of the car assembled and by that pic the front end will have to come down. I don't know yet just how detailed I will go on the car after all I'm just getting back into the hobby. I am building the kit the way that I think that Foose would have built the car.

Edited by snoop

Some pics of the start of the engine

post-9172-0-04274200-1361134488_thumb.jp

the instructions call for the engine to be Chrysler engine red but as far as I know hemis only came orange. I painted the water pump, intake and heads aluminum (I think that Foose would use aftermarket intake, heads and water pump) and the balancer black. I left the oil filter orange so it looks like a Fram.

post-9172-0-97825000-1361135207_thumb.jppost-9172-0-35416400-1361135243_thumb.jp

sorry for the blurriness but the camera is smarter than the user.

post-9172-0-04274200-1361134488_thumb.jp

post-9172-0-97825000-1361135207_thumb.jp

post-9172-0-35416400-1361135243_thumb.jp

Kc you are right the next pics that I take I will try the macro setting thanks. Tool, and Cranks thanks for watching any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. I did not know the pics had to be downloaded until I was looking at the site not signed in so I got a Photobucket and here are the pics again.

DSCF1863_zpsdb91c0cf.jpg

d5fd13f8-d267-4414-81b7-7d86f157093c_zps

0ab8322d-a193-45b6-a6de-11691dc251cc_zps

sorry for the first pic being so big my wife had to show me how to re size in photobucket.

Got a little more done tonight, painted the chassis and started to do some of the detail work. Got the headers and starter on the engine. Also put together the rear and rims and tires to try to do a moc-up. This kit is so tight that I can't do a moc-up, which is going to make altering the front height very hard to do. I can see a few things that I want to change like the fender wells, and the air cleaner. I can't see Foose using the traditional round factory air cleaner. I will post pics of progress soon.

Try holding your camera farther away from the part you are taking a picture of and use the zoom if you need to get closer. Don't forget to use lots of light, using the cameras flash will wash out the picture if you are too close. You should get much better pictures doing this.

Edited by jrherald420

• 4 weeks later...