Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darrell Brown's 1985 All Pro Camaro

roadhawg

Just finished another one of my All Pro Racing Series cars from the mid 80's, this time it's the 1984 series champion Darrell Brown. Revell ASA kit, paint is Duplicolor white and Testors gold with Duplicolor Chevy Orange chassis/cage. Decals are my own. Thanks for looking!

1_zpsaca98067.jpg

2_zpsafa52810.jpg

3_zps8affc6aa.jpg

4_zps6136bd57.jpg

IMG_2864_zpsdd67e006.jpg

Tom...Great looking model, I've always loved the Revell ASA cars. This car looks fast just sitting there, Keep up the great work!!!!!

Maybe Revell should consider reissuing the ASA cars, they seem to bring a fairly good price on e-bay, so it looks like the demand is still there.

Happy modeling, Vernon

Thanks so much, guys! I'm glad you like it. I really miss racing like this.

Maybe Revell should consider reissuing the ASA cars, they seem to bring a fairly good price on e-bay, so it looks like the demand is still there.

Happy modeling, Vernon

I'd love to see them do that, but I won't hold my breath. I only have a couple left. I'm currently gathering up parts to build one of these chassis into a Whelen-type modified.

Very nice. Please post some pics of the chassis, interior and engine bay!

Well, ok, but there's really nothing to see there, all that is pretty much box-stock. I didn't even add any plug wires or anything....

IMG_2845_zps013b078f.jpg

IMG_2848_zps67eb27f3.jpg

IMG_2850_zps7a1d59b3.jpg

Thanks again, everyone!!

Thanks again, everybody!

I see you did not use the kit hubs, who's are those? They look like FRW.

Well, in the beginning they were Freds. I would file down the backside to make them fit better, because they were too thick. When Fred's site closed up and I couldn't buy them anymore, I ended up casting them myself so I would have some to use. The wheels are reworked from the kit wheels too.