Model Cars Magazine Forum

To all of those builders who shoot.

Collect your brass, even if you don't plan to reload it. I was looking in my dad's "junk" bucket and noticed that many of them could be used for different model related things.A few ideas I had were:

Velocity Stacks

Moon tanks

Welding Tanks

Transmission Tunnels

Headlight Buckets

Taillight Buckets

Compressors for Lowriders

Mirrors (i'll explain if needed)

And much more.

Please don't turn this tip into a political battle, because we ALL know how the Mods feel about that. :D

Edited by wrecker388

Keep your brass period if you shoot because ammunition is hard to get period these days. Aunt and Uncle own a sporting goods store and cant get any 22 or 9MM shells period not to mention any 223 or 5.6. Theres actually a waiting list for the 223's and 5.6's. Rifle ammo they had to start stocking now and getting all they can get to put back to be able to have stock during rifle season. Its getting horriable to find ammunition. Great point about the potential ways to use brass in the hobby though.

Keep your brass period if you shoot because ammunition is hard to get period these days. Aunt and Uncle own a sporting goods store and cant get any 22 or 9MM shells period not to mention any 223 or 5.6. Theres actually a waiting list for the 223's and 5.6's. Rifle ammo they had to start stocking now and getting all they can get to put back to be able to have stock during rifle season. Its getting horriable to find ammunition. Great point about the potential ways to use brass in the hobby though.

My dad already keeps his, I was just looking in the rejects (cracks, smashes, etc.) bucket he keeps under his bench.

I actually used the shot out of a 12ga bird shot shell for weight in the back of my 64 impala so if I make it all roll to the back corner the car sits up on the three wheel motion and if I make it all roll toward the front it just looks like the front is up in the air

They make handy Disk Cutters or Hole Punch's. Either drill a hole in Rimfire cases or pop the Primer from Centerfire Cases so you can clear out the punched disk. Here's some common sizes converted to 1/25 use.

.17 = 4.25"

.22 = 5.5"

.243" or 6mm = 6"

.270" = 6.75"

.30" = 7.5"

.32 = 8"

.38, .380, .357 and 9mm Para = ~9" after cleanup

.40 = 10"

.45 = 11"