Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gothic Kustomz, Buildz.

Gothic Kustomz

Yea do to the fact, I have so many going, I'm now gonna keep them all to one thread, as before good/bad feed back is always welcome, rivet counters are not allowed, I just build to piss you off, a building bonus hahahahaha

'66 The Forsaken

Well we're gonna start this off, this Lil sweetheart, a promo 1966 Kaddy: she had to take a bath for about a week,

100_0767_zpsc7a9e735.jpg

100_0846_zpsa887adee.jpg

100_0847_zpsb2cb883f.jpg

Now time to open her up, ooops.

It has begun, the front, rear pans, mounted, now ready for blending, an yea I opened the hood, thinking about the doors now:

100_0871_zps2e349d3b.jpg

100_0872_zps9a13af6c.jpg

100_0876_zpsbf02d5bf.jpg

100_0874_zps9d9a8169.jpg

100_0875_zpse265946e.jpg

Nice work so far. Keep it up. BTW, do you have any info and box photos on that promo? I take it that it was a diecast. I'd like to pick one up and need any info on it.

Later-

Nah wasnt diecast, it's plastic all right, I think it was a Hasegawa, '66 Coupe De Ville, that's about the best I can do for ya 1/25, I do believe, you prolly get some good stuff offa google, have fun and good luck....

If it was the Hasegawa Caddy, it is a KIT, Not a Promo.

Only Jo-Han did the 66 Caddy Coupe De Ville Promo.

Hasegawa offered 5 US 66 Cars in kit form.

Cadillac Coupe De Ville, Thunderbird hardtop, Buick Wildcat, Pontiac Bonneville and Chevrolet Impala

(Actually, from what I have seen, the Chevy is a 65) All are Curbside.

The Dash is not accurate. it has a "T" profile with more curvature on the top that the face which is Flat.

The detail is a decal!!

Interior upholstery is identical in most kits with the only differences being the rear sear area due to roof line.

Chassis is also shared between all 5 kits. Hubcaps/rims are shared in most too.

The tires are nice BF Goodrich narrows with separate white-wall inserts

I have 3 of the kits. Wildcat, De Ville & T-Bird.

If it was the Hasegawa Caddy, it is a KIT, Not a Promo.

Only Jo-Han did the 66 Caddy Coupe De Ville Promo.

Hasegawa offered 5 US 66 Cars in kit form.

Cadillac Coupe De Ville, Thunderbird hardtop, Buick Wildcat, Pontiac Bonneville and Chevrolet Impala

(Actually, from what I have seen, the Chevy is a 65) All are Curbside.

The Dash is not accurate. it has a "T" profile with more curvature on the top that the face which is Flat.

The detail is a decal!!

Interior upholstery is identical in most kits with the only differences being the rear sear area due to roof line.

Chassis is also shared between all 5 kits. Hubcaps/rims are shared in most too.

The tires are nice BF Goodrich narrows with separate white-wall inserts

I have 3 of the kits. Wildcat, De Ville & T-Bird.

Those JoHan custom parts make it look good. I used them for the prostreet hearse build, and now I'm using them on the stretched prostreet hearse. Are you gonna use the interior parts in this, or keep it stock? I'll be watching! B)

Thanx for that info, Like I said I have no clue, I didnt kno Jo-Han did a promo too, it was like the firstpic, when I got it, and no inerior, but! I got one that will fit it, kewl info tho.

Nah I wont be doing the interior stock, just some mild kustom stuff tho, like working the dash into a kustom center console. might go with 4 buckets, front swivels, I dont have the chrome pieces for the grill, sooooooo, we're gonna see what my lil mind can come up with, to fix tha issue, just might make my own from pictures I have, even going to play with the frame, I got alot of them, I know I can get something going there.

Thanx guys, build on.....

Gothic, you may be happy that the interior was not included in the built kit you have there.

ALL 4 GM kits have the Same upholstery pattern, even though the Caddy has a Bench seat

and as I recall, the Wildcat has buckets The Dash detail is Decal ONLY!!!!

The package shelf was squared off for the Caddy's more square roof versus the 'Cat & Bonny Fastback type.

(Impala too I believe)

It will take time, but I can try to dig out the Caddy, Wildcat & T-Bird I have and take pictures to show you what they are like.

One thing about the T-Bird, it does not have the Vinyl texture on the roof, and that roof is

cast with the body where AMT's is a separate piece.

The Body's are the best part of the kit, though the BF Goodrich tires are also nice.

I am using 2 sets of those tires on a couple Jo-Han 62 MoPar's

Only Jo-HAn did the Promo.

They did kits too, but With Engines. and they had the steering found on the 68 convertible

as well as the 66 Ambulance/Hearse kits so many wish could be re-issued!!

Glad I can help.

Only way I can enjoy building right now. NO Place to work.

Mom took over all of the kitchen table, Oh well.

Someday I can build again.

Gothic, you may be happy that the interior was not included in the built kit you have there.

ALL 4 GM kits have the Same upholstery pattern, even though the Caddy has a Bench seat

and as I recall, the Wildcat has buckets The Dash detail is Decal ONLY!!!!

The package shelf was squared off for the Caddy's more square roof versus the 'Cat & Bonny Fastback type.

(Impala too I believe)

It will take time, but I can try to dig out the Caddy, Wildcat & T-Bird I have and take pictures to show you what they are like.

One thing about the T-Bird, it does not have the Vinyl texture on the roof, and that roof is

cast with the body where AMT's is a separate piece.

The Body's are the best part of the kit, though the BF Goodrich tires are also nice.

I am using 2 sets of those tires on a couple Jo-Han 62 MoPar's

Only Jo-HAn did the Promo.

They did kits too, but With Engines. and they had the steering found on the 68 convertible

as well as the 66 Ambulance/Hearse kits so many wish could be re-issued!!

Glad I can help.

Only way I can enjoy building right now. NO Place to work.

Mom took over all of the kitchen table, Oh well.

Someday I can build again

I have both the '64 caddy, and the ambulance, which will be hitting the bench here really soon.