Model Cars Magazine Forum

New 1/24 scale car kits by ICM

Junkman

While you are waiting for new releases from the US you can appreciate what the Ukrainians tool up in the meantime.

They announced to release 1/24 kits of two of the kits they already offer in 1/35 scale.

The Mercedes G4:

And a pre-war Opel Admiral Cabriolet:

ICM-24021-1-24-Admiral-Cabriolet-WWII-Ge

If they continue to release more of their 1/35 offerings in 1/24 scale, we might be in for some real treats, like:

Opel Olympia:

1348840225_1300875229_mercedes-l1500a-2.

1936 Packard Twelve:

1342185765_35535_packard_1936.jpg

1939 Opel Kapitän:

1334214271_35475_kapitan_saloon.jpg

Mercedes 770K:

1326964838_35533_boxart_preview.jpg

Mercedes 320:

ICM-MB-320.jpg

and a plethora of German, American and Russian WWII trucks and Soviet Cold War Trucks.

Mind you, those kits already exist in 1/35 scale! I previously moaned about it here on this forum and said I wish they would make them in 1/24.

I then wrote to the manufacturer and suggested to release those in 1/24 as well.

Apparently someone is finally listening to me.

Now what about some 1/24 scale airplanes? A Heinkel 219, a Polikarpov I-16....

Sigh...

Edited by Gregg

That big Opel cabrio and the Packard are very tempting! Any idea if they are going to be full detail or kerbside? Out of interest, do you know whether the 1:35 versions are full detail? Somewhere recently I saw a review of a 1:35 small Merc staff car that was full detail - looked very impressive for that scale.

They all are full detail kits. All of them.

And I think it is safe to assume that they are going to launch the Opel Admiral saloon version pretty soon.

This was the same with the 1/35 versions. First came the cabriolet, then the saloon shortly after.

Since those are multipiece bodies, only three parts need to be changed to make the saloon.

The Packard would be a total winner globally. Imagine a hearse conversion.

Edited by Junkman

You can stop dreaming. The G4 and Opel are reality soon.

Apparently the prices are quite reasonable too, suggested retail is around 35€.

OK, not cheap, but for a new full detail kit?

I'd say sales will determine whether the line is going to be continued, but they will sell like hot butties

to an audience deprived of anything really novel for decades, no doubt.

That big Opel cabrio and the Packard are very tempting! Any idea if they are going to be full detail or kerbside? Out of interest, do you know whether the 1:35 versions are full detail? Somewhere recently I saw a review of a 1:35 small Merc staff car that was full detail - looked very impressive for that scale.

Are you talking about the Master Box German staff car ?? if so, I did the build and reveiw for a military magazine on that one, and yes it was a full detail kit, and very nice too, if a little on the small side, as I'm used to 1:24th scale ....

post-2058-0-50555800-1361301067_thumb.jp

While you are waiting for new releases from the US you can appreciate what the Ukrainians tool up in the meantime.

They announced to release 1/24 kits of two of the kits they already offer in 1/35 scale.

The Mercedes G4:

And a pre-war Opel Admiral Cabriolet:

ICM-24021-1-24-Admiral-Cabriolet-WWII-Ge

If they continue to release more of their 1/35 offerings in 1/24 scale, we might be in for some real treats, like:

Opel Olympia:

1348840225_1300875229_mercedes-l1500a-2.

1936 Packard Twelve:

1342185765_35535_packard_1936.jpg

1939 Opel Kapitän:

1334214271_35475_kapitan_saloon.jpg

Mercedes 770K:

1326964838_35533_boxart_preview.jpg

Mercedes 320:

ICM-MB-320.jpg

and a plethora of German, American and Russian WWII trucks and Soviet Cold War Trucks.

Mind you, those kits already exist in 1/35 scale! I previously moaned about it here on this forum and said I wish they would make them in 1/24.

I then wrote to the manufacturer and suggested to release those in 1/24 as well.

Apparently someone is finally listening to me.

Now what about some 1/24 scale airplanes? A Heinkel 219, a Polikarpov I-16....

Sigh...

I'll be adding the Opel to the stash, thanks for sharing the photo's, however I've found they are actually doing two kits of the Opel

post-2058-0-55278200-1361301434_thumb.jp

Are you talking about the Master Box German staff car ?? if so, I did the build and reveiw for a military magazine on that one, and yes it was a full detail kit, and very nice too, if a little on the small side, as I'm used to 1:24th scale ....

attachicon.gifAll finished !! (4).JPG

Yup, that looks like the one!

The Packard looks very much like the 1/16 1937 v12 issued by Entex, Minicraft and the other usual suspects. I've seen some gorgeous builds of that kit. Not only would it be a good hearse, it would make a nice 4-door convertible or woodie.

That's a stunning kit - I have the roadster in my to-build pile & the detail is excellent.

Btw, here's the details of Revell's release of the 1:35 Opel Admiral - if the 1:24 is as good as this, it should be an excellent model:

http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=73&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=b51d3936d1cdeb50246da53abfba0b2c&KZSLPG=&offset=5&cmd=show&ARARTN=03099&sp=1

The multi-piece bodies will be a turn off to some

The way that the 1:35 ones are done suggests to my mind that they are intended to be used for dioramas, hence that method of construction allowing for doors etc to be displayed in the open position, as the body parts are mostly separated on what are panel gaps on the 1:1. Would be interesting to see if the same is done with the 1:24 versions. I'm undecided as to whether I like that method of construction, as it all depends on the individual car. E.g. for the Admiral, I don't think it detracts from the end result (& would certainly prompt me to want to add hinges so it would have all opening panels), but depending on the panel separation points, it may perhaps not work so well with a body like that on the Packard. Either way, I will be looking forward to hearing more about these releases, as it's been far too long since there were new 1;24 kits of this sort of vehicle (the last ones that spring to mind is Heller's excellent range), and with this sort of subject matter a multipart body wouldn't be enough to put me off provided that the detail is there.

I too like many of these. But, where will they be available from in the US??

Unless Revell AG decides to co-brand them like they did some of the 1:35 kits, then the internet will have someplace to buy them. Squadron is their distributor in the States, but I'm sure you can import them from European retailers as well. It's all a matter of paying the shipping bill.

Edited by niteowl7710

For Ordering instead of finding them in a Hobby Shop, I will need a US location., and one I can MAIL (Snail) order from.

I do not have any way of electronic payment (Unemplymnet) so must send a Postal Money Order.

The One friend whom I traded Christmas & birthday gifts with has stopped doing that, so I can not ask for paybay

or similar Gift cards.

I Do like that G4 6 wheeler!!