Model Cars Magazine Forum

MASTERPIECE STYRENE

It's an amazing bit of work, there's no doubt about that, but it's a fairly large scale & things/parts etc can be made to look very cool/better as the scale gets bigger... NOT to take anything away from this guy's eye for detail or his incredible "patina" skills :-) Fantastic all 'round & way cool.

Cliff

So those are Porcher kits?? I don't think they are plastic. Some of it may be. I can't read the German (not sure about German). I know that you can get the rust on the metal using etching acid and other type acid.. Either way I'd like to see an English version of the text. I guess I'll search for it. I'm interested in his techniques. Anyone else?

So those are Porcher kits?? I don't think they are plastic. Some of it may be. I can't read the German (not sure about German). I know that you can get the rust on the metal using etching acid and other type acid.. Either way I'd like to see an English version of the text. I guess I'll search for it. I'm interested in his techniques. Anyone else?

Not Pocher kits, because they didn't make a single one of these cars. Scratchbuilt out of metal. And half of them have never been issued in any form, at any scale, by anyone.

I read up on the artist and this is the rundown.

His name is Martin Heukeshoven, and what you see is art, not modelling.

He does not use any weathering techniques, he is making these works of art from rubbish and scrap metal that he has accumulated since his days at art school back in the 80s. The rust and weathering you see is real.

Harry once used Mr. Heukeshoven's Lancia (IIRC) in his real or model contest.

Mr. Heukeshoven does work on commission and you can reach him here:

Martin Otto Lambert Heukeshoven
Im Gollenhof 1
71397 Leutenbach - Weiler zum Stein

Tel: +49 (0)7195 5836921
Cell: +49 (0)171 / 6079934
mail@martin-heukeshoven.de

OK, my turn now.

WOW!

Edited by Junkman

Not Pocher kits, because they didn't make a single one of these cars. Scratchbuilt out of metal. And half of them have never been issued in any form, at any scale, by anyone.

I guess if you can get 30,000 dollars for a work then you can scratch build everything! I wonder how long it takes to do one of those cars/trucks?

I guess if you can get 30,000 dollars for a work then you can scratch build everything! I wonder how long it takes to do one of those cars/trucks?

That's the kind of money (and higher) that scratch builders like Gerald Wingrove and Fine Art Models get for their commissions.