Model Cars Magazine Forum

Issue #174 Is In The House!

Wasnt to bad on my side of town, just cloudy, got a little lite rain in the afternoon

Freezing rain at home, driving home from Tempe I saw snow in yards at about 52nd St and Camelback and ran into hail at 32nd and Camelback..really dark skies to the West around 5 or so...

• 2 weeks later...

They have to do months for store distribution. That still doesnt explain why mine is this late. I emailed GBP. I will call Monday as well.

Please explain. Plenty of magazines handle their designations the way I described, and the issue number should be specific enough. My suggestion is simply to give a little more leeway in the minds of subscribers.

Edited by sjordan2

I'm a subscriber and I got my "January" issue on 3-1-13.Covers are not tornup but the mail girl folded and rubber banded it with the rest of the mail.I'll be able to read it when it flattens out.

Please explain. Plenty of magazines handle their designations the way I described, and the issue number should be specific enough. My suggestion is simply to give a little more leeway in the minds of subscribers.

True. But, if the issues were numbered, many posters would have nothing to beeeeeeatch about.

Says the man who got his issue a week or more before some of the other subscribers. I see nothing wrong with stating dissatisfaction with a service they paid for.

As an LHS that carries the magazine, I haven't seen the December issue yet, nevermind the newest one. Seems like it takes an awful long time to ship from Colorado to Maine where my PO Box is.

I know there is a parcel there now from them that arrived last week so I will have to check and see which issue it is, but if it is the Dec. issue....2 months to receive it? That is just unacceptable. Even the slowest snail mail moves faster than that.

Yep. I know. Same bs every issue, and they wonder why subscriptions do not increase. If your new car was not delivered in a timely manner, or say you bought someting at a store, and they said you gotta wait 3 more weeks, you wouldn't like it, yet that is what happens with MCM.

Which is why I am a former subscriber. :D

When you receive the magazine in the mail is all about the post office, not the magazine publisher. When the magazine we publish gets mailed, it can take up to 3 weeks for people to get kit. Depends on where your bulk mail is handled.

I'm not blaming MCM or GPB. I am simply saying I do not think the damage is coming from my post office. I have no clue as to why some get theirs quicker than others, and actually, it bothers me less that it is late than that it is always damaged.

Maybe the publisher is damaging your copy on purpose. I would like too see the damage that you constantly complain about, can you post pictures?

I'm not blaming MCM or GPB. I am simply saying I do not think the damage is coming from my post office. I have no clue as to why some get theirs quicker than others, and actually, it bothers me less that it is late than that it is always damaged.

We used to mail our magazine in a protective cover, but I replaced many copies each issue that got damaged. Went to an envelope and have not had any more problems.