Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955-7 GMC

I'm looking for some thing that may not exist. A few years ago I seem to remember a transkit to turn the AMT 55-57 chevy pickup into a GMC. At the time I didn't care. Now that I want one I can't find it. Am I imagining this? I've checked websites and come up empty. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shawn Carprnter prevented from selling 50+ year old designs ? Counterproductive if this is true . Stopping model production of these is like shooting oneself in the ear with a 9 mm and expecting survival unscathed . Well they cannot sell 1:1's . Many would not purchase GM : "and would rather buy Jap than going back ." I am among the Millions believing this motto . I'll betcha Toyoto would not do this . Oh yeah , they are #1 aren't they . PM me if you want to know my reasons for statement . I hauled many G(em)M('s) Brand New to the Dealers . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

Well I drive as close to American as possible... I have a Ford Pickup and a Ford Fusion and both of them are alot less trouble than my friends that drive that Jap BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH... I have 3 friends with Honda Accords 2006 and newer... I get better gas mileage, better service and mine has never been in the shop... they cannot say that... I also have a friend with a 2011 Camry... what a piece of BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH... I have a friend with a toyota tundra... he is always borrowing my ford to do work with because his wonderful Tundra is in the shop... so... I will stay with my ford...

Just because they are #1 doesn't mean they are good cars... It does mean they have a great marketing plan... Ford is #2 and is quickly closing in on Toyota... Ford Trucks have been #1 for years and rightfully so...

I'm looking for some thing that may not exist. A few years ago I seem to remember a transkit to turn the AMT 55-57 chevy pickup into a GMC. At the time I didn't care. Now that I want one I can't find it. Am I imagining this? I've checked websites and come up empty. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I think Shawn was the only source for this , it was really nice too .

I've been looking too and have come up empty . I'm hoping one will show up on ebay one of these days !

1_70c3f1c3288a0fec795a2551acfaf786-Copy_

I managed to grab one of those quite some time ago...Really nice trans kit, REALLY nice...

Wish I would have purchased the others he had also...

Someone is working on a master for a 51-52 GMC currently...

If you still have it I'd like to "borrow" the parts to cast them . Please send me a PM !

Edit - I'll rent them or trade parts for the time and pay shipping !

Edited by TooOld

I remember when all of that licensing bulldung started : 1988 .

It snowballed from there and infiltrated every aspect of the automotive hobby , plastic replicas or restoration parts !

It's typical college boy mentality ; short-sighted business practise . Those idiot college boys would *think* that the kit manufactures are giving them free P.R. , but no .

It would be great to see more GMC conversion parts / kits ! I'd even like to see someone cast the Twin-Six and the "Big Block" V6 series (305-351-ad seq.)

Too many Lawyers and Frivolous Lawsuits . It is Fact : in Japan the ratio is 1 Lawyer per 900 Citizens . The U.S.A. : 1 Lawyer per 35 People . If the numbers aren't quite correct , the ratio is as the ridiculousness of it . May I remind you how McDonalds came to warn all Coffee Drinkers on the Cup ; "Warning Contents Hot" . Thanx ..

• 2 years later...