Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scania R143 Streamline

Scania R143 Streamline Build
(1/24 Italeri)

This is my very first Truck build and i'm mighty excited to be doing this.

I've so far started on the engine (which is beautifully detailed) and the main chassis or frame.

I've chosen a gorgeous Silver on Black paint scheme i will be following (shown in the picture below). I don't like the stock paint scheme and livery so i'll make the new livery myself.

WIP Pictures

1a_zps74095188.jpg

1-2_zps99407868.jpg

2-1_zpseada0729.jpg

3-2_zpsb9cd9d20.jpg

4-1_zps3d789c74.jpg

Inspiration:
Scania-na-model_zps86caf6fb.jpg

I need a little help here....

I'm looking for detailed wiring / plumbing diagram(s) for this particular (R143) rig.

I've tried looking on various sites but can't seem to find anything!.... anyone with any kind of wiring details for this rig please let me know!

Thanks!!

That paint scheme will look awesome on this rig...I really like this particular Scania....The only one I "attempted" to build met with some bad luck...First, after I had the engine all painted, I set it out to dry...Only thing; I set it on the back of my truck and forgot about it and found it smashed after I came home to work on it some more...I got it back together, but then, after I had painted the cab and got it to where I only had to marry up the cab and the chassis, it fell off the table...Needless to say, It now resides in the parts box....

I hope you have better luck...Looking good, so far, though...

Wow man, i love to see this, this is Holland most Beautifll Scania 143 Steamliner, those are the best Scania ever made.

i ve got one tip for you the frontbumber is to small at the front, its must be bigger,now it dosn t line up with the side skirts.

Greetings from an Scania lover, unfortanly i drive an VolvoFh, the one in the picture.

The paint scheme that you have chosen is really nice. I tried to find some wiring myself and so far I found only this. It is a different model line but the basic scheme should be the same.

http://documentationtruck.picturepush.com/album/143660/5280094/Scania-142-143/scania-r112h-cutaway.html#column2::/album/143660/detail/5280635

The hand-drawn diagram has notes in the Czech language but I think it is pretty obvious what is what. The red parts are the air tanks, the blue ones are air springs and the green are the air distribution valves.

I hope this helps a little.

That paint scheme will look awesome on this rig...I really like this particular Scania....The only one I "attempted" to build met with some bad luck...First, after I had the engine all painted, I set it out to dry...Only thing; I set it on the back of my truck and forgot about it and found it smashed after I came home to work on it some more...I got it back together, but then, after I had painted the cab and got it to where I only had to marry up the cab and the chassis, it fell off the table...Needless to say, It now resides in the parts box....

I hope you have better luck...Looking good, so far, though...

Thats just hard luck JT!....

I hope nothing like that happens to this Scania! :P:D

Wow man, i love to see this, this is Holland most Beautifll Scania 143 Steamliner, those are the best Scania ever made.

i ve got one tip for you the frontbumber is to small at the front, its must be bigger,now it dosn t line up with the side skirts.

Greetings from an Scania lover, unfortanly i drive an VolvoFh, the one in the picture.

Thanks Co!! :)

I'll definitely see what i can do with that bumper! :)

The paint scheme that you have chosen is really nice. I tried to find some wiring myself and so far I found only this. It is a different model line but the basic scheme should be the same.

http://documentationtruck.picturepush.com/album/143660/5280094/Scania-142-143/scania-r112h-cutaway.html#column2::/album/143660/detail/5280635

The hand-drawn diagram has notes in the Czech language but I think it is pretty obvious what is what. The red parts are the air tanks, the blue ones are air springs and the green are the air distribution valves.

I hope this helps a little.

Thanks a lot Jaroslav!!...those pictures are very useful indeed!! :D

The wiring diagram is exactly what i need!! :D