Model Cars Magazine Forum

Russ Davis Ford Thunderbolt

Sixgunner68

Hi Everett,

I'm looking forward to this build!

Have you decided what color you will be using? BTW, MCW does have the correct Poppy Red.

Mike.

Thanks MIke! I haven't quite decided yet. I've had to put my projects on hold for awhile due to the fact that my wife is currently not working, so my project funding has dried up. I may not be able to get back to this until the end of the year (hopefully sooner).

Thanks MIke! I haven't quite decided yet. I've had to put my projects on hold for awhile due to the fact that my wife is currently not working, so my project funding has dried up. I may not be able to get back to this until the end of the year (hopefully sooner).

Everett, I understand, I'm in a similar set of circumstances myself. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing this build.

Mike.

Real Ford Thunderbolt Drag Cars did have only driver's side Windshield wiper, the other one was removed as a weight saving method. See here:

1964-thunderbolt-interior.jpg

Also the front bumber seems to be Aluminium, not chromed. I guess it could be replicated by spraying some Flat clear/Dullcoat over the bumber. I'm currently building one Thunderbolt, too and so far it is really great kit. Mine is the reissue, though.

I'll be watching!

Lo and behold there's that jiggle stick...no automatic's for real men!

I saw one of these run in the Stock Eliminator finals of the Las Vagas race on TV last week end and the car knocked my socks off. It wasn't a real Thunderbolt, the guy had built one from a 289 using all 1964 parts and was running as AA/S. I just ordered two Thunderbolt kits today. Heres a link to the car I'm talking about. John Calvert is the owner's name.

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/ccrp_1010_john_calverts_1964_ford_fairlane_500/viewall.html

Dale