Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 PLYMOUTH - - - FINISHED

Ramfins59

Thank you so very much to everyone for your kind and encouraging words..

I honestly didn't think that it would look as good in white as it does. I'm toying with the thought of trying to take out and fix the height of the radiator so that the hood will close properly, but I'm not looking forward to disassembling things at this point.

My next build just arrived from Model Roundup today. A '58 Edsel with the continental kit. Another mild Custom coming up I think. <_<

Thanks again so very much for all your kind and encouraging comments everyone. I really appreciate it, and please know that your words keep me on the right track in making my builds as neat and clean as I can.

Grant, I will try to take a group picture of the 4 '58's I've built so far, and will post it as a separate thread subject.

As a side note, I stated earlier that my next build will be a '58 Edsel. Well that may be put on hold temporarily as today I received a 1/24 scale "57 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery Diecast (Thanks to my wife's shopping trip to T.J. Max - - - $8.00 in the toy clearance section...!!!). Another friend that I went to High School with wants me to make a model of his first car, which was a '57 Ford wagon. So that will come before the Edsel... after all... what are friends for right..??

Thanks again to everyone for looking in on my builds.

Thanks very much Bill, Ron and Tom. I appreciate it.

Ron, yes it was a lot of BMF but not nearly as much as what I used when I built my '58 Buick Roadmaster conv...!!

Tom, yeah I can't wait to see me cut out the side windows on that '57 Ford either..!! I've never done ANY work on a diecast so it should be both a fun, and a learning experience for me too. I should contact Manny Solano and ask him what tools besides a Dremel and files are best to use. I'm still waiting for my friend to get back to me with detail information, interior details, colors, etc. and HOPEFULLY some pictures (but he owned the car 48 years ago so the chances of any pictures being around are probably slim to none.) I'm sure I'll have to go on whatever "foggy" memories he may have of it (It was the car he drove away to attend College In back in '65). All I know at the moment is that the wagon was a 2 door, it was Black, and it had dog dish hubcaps.

I'm sure I'll have to go on whatever "foggy" memories he may have of it (It was the car he drove away to attend College In back in '65). All I know at the moment is that the wagon was a 2 door, it was Black, and it had dog dish hubcaps.

Foggy memory cars are easier to build! Until they're done and the car owner recalls, "I just remembered, it had a red interior."