Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thunderbolts

gtx6970

Member Sixgunner68 's T.Bolt build thread got me to dig these 2 out.

The Gas Ronda and Hubert Platt cars .

Rondas car is built box stock. with nothing but paint detailing. Platts car I added some screen to the hood scoop openings and the air intakes in the grille . Seat belts from the parts box, and basic engine wiring .

Both of these were built sometime late 80's early 90's time frame??? so be gentle . I know the interior color is WAY wrong on both cars. Next ones to be done will be more color correct. I have about a dozen more of these kits in the stash.

Edited by gtx6970

Having computer issues uploading pictures to my site

see em now ?

Having moved 3 times since these were built. The Platt car has taken a beating. It's missing the headlights, tail lights and the hood moulding. I might leave this one on the bench and fix it this weekend

Platt1.JPG

Platt2.JPG

Platt3.JPG

Platt4.JPG

Platt5.JPG

Platt6.JPG

Edited by gtx6970

Very nice builds Bill.Love the T-Bolts and these kits.I think maybe these kits kicked off a change in attitude by kit companies and made me pay a lot more attention to REVELL. I really like the Platt car's chassis. The shelf dust has given it a nice road/strip patina. A tiny bit extra weathering would make it really pop. A question please ; What is the correct color for the interior and what paint would match it ?

Nice builds! I like seeing these old Drag Cars and you nailed the look on these. Especially I like the Aluminium front bumbers instead of chromed bumbers. How did you make those Mesh-parts to the grille? They look really good and I've been thinking about how I should replicate them on my build.

Nice builds! I like seeing these old Drag Cars and you nailed the look on these. Especially I like the Aluminium front bumbers instead of chromed bumbers. How did you make those Mesh-parts to the grille? They look really good and I've been thinking about how I should replicate them on my build.

Thanks to all for the kind words . it makes my day.

Bumpers were stripped and sprayed in a bright silver then cleared

As far as the mesh ? I don't remember 100% but I think it was left over screen door mesh ( back when you could still get the metal stuff ) for a house project. simply cut out out with sharp scissors and super glued in