Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone make these parts?

Revell did the '70 GT and Cobra, AMT's '70 & '71 kits were Cobras (note that besides the Motor City Stocker kit, AMT also did full detail '70 & '71 Torino Cobras, they came w/ the Boss 429 engine). As far as I can tell from pics online, the '71 GT had two different grilles available--a split grille with exposed headlights, and a hidden headlight grille that looks like the '70 GT hidden headlight grille but w/ a vertical rectangular emblem in the center instead of the round emblem on the '70.

Edited by Rob Hall

I think Rob is right. There never was a model of the 71 GT, just the Cobra. And noone ever made a conversion from anything towards a 71 GT. Mini Exotics had a lot of the 70/71 Torinos made, but I think there was no 71 GT. They did a convertible, a Ranchero and several versions of the long nosed thingie, I forgot the name. All of them were based on the AMT kits as the Revell wasn't already available.

As a side note I'd prefer the AMT kit over the Revell for better proportions. The Revell kit has too small rear wheel houses and the quarter window area looks too thick to me. But all of this could be corrected with minor effort. It is one of the better new tool kits.

Mdelhaus offers the front and rear bumper/grille/tailpanels to modify a '70 into a '71 . No other major (that would be obvious in 1/25 scale) changes otherwise made these two years . Minor Engine changes . One was the missing

429 in the Ford Lineup . The designers and engineers were way too busy working on near future government (deliberately not capitalized) Mandates . Thanx ..

Mdelhaus offers the front and rear bumper/grille/tailpanels to modify a '70 into a '71 . No other major (that would be obvious in 1/25 scale) changes otherwise made these two years . Minor Engine changes . One was the missing

429 in the Ford Lineup . The designers and engineers were way too busy working on near future government (deliberately not capitalized) Mandates . Thanx ..

The Modelhaus parts are Torino Cobra parts, though, from the original AMT annuals. Not GT parts.