Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see where this goes......Porsche Trike........

I tend to start these things and get to a certain point and then something else pulls me away, but I will try to take this a bit further..............

post-4885-0-57194400-1361636253_thumb.jp

I'll get some other pieces primed and then start fitting things up..........

Tony

Edited by ajwheels

Coil-over pieces.......

post-4885-0-68880600-1361752976_thumb.jp

These parts have no real prep, other than a light coat of primer, so they'll get a little attention prior to paint.........the springs are really more of a place-holder.........the shock-body pieces fit together with a keyway feature.....insert and turn 90 degrees, and then they are captive..........put a real spring in there and the part functions........I won't do that here, for the half-shafts I have are fixed........

Austin, I hope I don't disappoint, but I was kidding about the "obscure" part...............it will be a Porsche motor................maybe a little obscure in a trike................

Now, perhaps I should look into an NSU Wankle..........that could be cool.................

post-4885-0-01655700-1361930288_thumb.jp

And here are the half-shafts..........

post-4885-0-41300200-1362172253_thumb.jp

And with them in place, most all of these fit-checks seem good........little issue with what appears to be half-shaft length, but is really rod-end related........easily adjusted, or so I think..........

post-4885-0-15742500-1362172290_thumb.jp

Now I can get into some color on these pieces...........and of course, start sorting through the engine parts................