Model Cars Magazine Forum

Read on the HH Message board that Dave Burkett got the go ahead to do the Mr. Norms 69' Charger. Good news.

GMP440

• 10 years later...
2 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

so by reading this , the tooling exists ,,,in at least some condition?

Who knows..keep in mind the original post in this thread is from over 10 years ago.  I can see how they could use the DOH/CC Charger body and trim with one of their funny car chassis and engines to build this, though...

Just now, Rob Hall said:

Who knows..keep in mind the original post in this thread is from over 10 years ago.  I can see how they could use the DOH/CC Charger body and trim with one of their funny car chassis and engines to build this, though...

Holy Cow! I didn't see the post date!! Whoops! 

But, today on Instagram, R2 posted a pics of some tooling that they have no paperwork on and don't know what it is yet. So, maybe?

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I saw the original post date.

Thus my question did the tooling exist back then? 

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

so by reading this , the tooling exists ,,,in at least some condition?

Dave Burkett spent a lot of money restoring molds during the RC2 era. I helped on a number of them. The NASCAR 72 Monte Carlo required a new body mold. I sent a mint body to China and they cloned it along with a few other missing parts. 

I do not know what these two funny cars needed at the time....it may have been a lot....why we have not seen them. 

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Holy Cow! I didn't see the post date!! Whoops! 

But, today on Instagram, R2 posted a pics of some tooling that they have no paperwork on and don't know what it is yet. So, maybe?

That's the MPC Chevy '67-'72 mold with the tow truck parts.