Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Impala Gasser ("Under Glass)

James2

This will be an ongoing long term project. Starting with a Revell Special Edition 62 Impala. I started my quest for the proper parts last year when I found this picture on-line.

TIM-POWELL.jpg

The first thing I did was open the trunk and doors.

13.jpg

I tried a couple of different front axle configurations, but I like the single leaf spring here. It's just different enough.

12.jpg

The tires and rear wheels are parts box specials and the front wheels are from the Tweety Pie kit.

11.jpg

I have a PE set and will be digging deep into the parts box for this one. I hope you enjoy it...

Edited by James2

• 3 weeks later...

This is kinda new territory for me. I will attempt to make the inner door panels as close to real as possible. Here is the beginnings of that, very tedious but will continue forward.

21.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

Also I broke the area where the A pillar meets the fender. I have re-glued it but I think taping the windshield in place should prevent this from happening again.

• 3 weeks later...

Worked on the 62 a little this weekend. Filling the door panel and openings in. Got the rear suspension together and just about have the front axle figured out, the shocks could be a challenge.

Mocked up the 409 with a Garlit's dragster blower, modified manifold and the kit carbs. Thank you for watching along....

32.jpg33.jpg34.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks John. We are in the middle of relocating, so the hobby is packed up except for a few things to keep my plastic fix in check.

I'm re-building a ford truck I did 15 years ago. It's posted in the proper section....