Model Cars Magazine Forum

Attack of the floor monster AGAIN!

I am working on a Heller Citroen truck and the three pedals are the size of fleas. To show you where they go, there is a little circle on the floor board, but you're pretty much standing these on end. I needed a more definite mount, so I drilled three holes in the floor board. I got two of these glued in place (and neatly too!) and the third one did that 'plink!' off into hyperspace. I didn't even go searching. I decided to make a more traditional gas pedal out of black plastic and glued it in place. I'm sure the lost one will now show up!

My work bench disorganization monster has absorbed the same model's dashboard. I know I painted it but I can't find it. That's why I have two of the same kit open! I grabbed the part from the second kit, primed and painted it last night. When and if that lost piece shows up, it goes into the second box.

Edited by gtx6970

LOL... Luckily for me I haven't had the floor monster get me. I do work on my stuff kinda close to the floor and it is carpeted. I don't have a room with a bench or desk that I work on so maybe that's why since I work sitting on the floor in the family room using the the coffee table it hasn't happened.

LOL... Luckily for me I haven't had the floor monster get me. I do work on my stuff kinda close to the floor and it is carpeted. I don't have a room with a bench or desk that I work on so maybe that's why since I work sitting on the floor in the family room using the the coffee table it hasn't happened.

It's only that the monster hasn't acquired a taste for styrene yet. When it does...look out! :lol:

had this discussion too many times. in my room, i dont have a monster, i refer to it as the black hole. things fall and can never be found....... till years later you open up that project you haven't touched in a while and ... "WOW !! i have been looking for that" happens. ..... anyone have a clear red 73/74 duster rear taillight? been looking for THAT for a while.

a side note, now that i am "older" things dont have to hit the floor anymore, i lose them right on the desk now.....

..... anyone have a clear red 73/74 duster rear taillight? been looking for THAT for a while.

I might , I have a box of 73-74 Duster builders, parts + pieces

edit , never mind.

I don't even have enough lenses for the 3 kits I have

Edited by gtx6970

Is there such a thing as a pair of tweezers that will actually hold a part and not propel it into orbit?

*** yes there is a way....what i have done is... Well i use Shrink Wrap Tubing...cut of a small piece for the end of the tweezers...and heat it up and will shrink to the contour of the tweezers..

This will give you a rubber grip..when holding small parts..and they won't fly off the tweezers.....plastic and metal is a slippery surface...

This works good...takes up just a mute amount of space on the tweezers...

Hope this help's...

Cheers...Don