Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang II

jtsimeral

Hello Everyone,

Here is my Mustang II I just finished. It isn't great but I was just trying to get something finished. I hope to get something more finished soon. The hood sets a little high in the rear due to a miscalculation in how the air cleaners set. I did BMF on this one. I did notice I forgot to do the emblem trim with the "Ford" front and back. The interior dash was done using kitchen foil, dull side out for the brushed look. I made arm rests, door handles, and manual window winders as well. Unfortunately, you can't see them with a picture. I thought it was cool since I don't see these very often. It was a "cheap" one. It has the metal axles. It will do in a pinch. Now I am off to begin a 1969 Cutlass.

Thanks for looking, and I am open to suggestions to better my skills. Oh, this is my first BMF with thin trim. I have done one other car, a 52 Chevy...but the foiling is not quite as intricate as the "newer" cars.

Jerry

post-11398-0-74419600-1361733758_thumb.j

post-11398-0-69782200-1361733776_thumb.j

post-11398-0-21222900-1361733794_thumb.j

post-11398-0-96176900-1361733812_thumb.j

post-11398-0-87730700-1361733830_thumb.j

Sam, that is a good idea. I was looking at the problem too big. I was thinking about a small hood scoop but I like your idea better.

Thank you Slusher. I may try the foil on the Jag I posted a while ago. It is really cool when finished. I even know where all the mistakes are and am generally happy with it.

Jerry

I like this a lot , Jerry !

I could tell by the pics that it's the ol' AMT annual (those weird tyres that AMT was using back then ... ).

Good call on the aluminum foil for the instrument clustre ! I wonder if a similar process was what wrought about Bare Metal Foil :D .

Keep up the great work !

AWESOME Jerry!!!

Your right you dont see many Mustang ll's done.........( have done a few of them myself :) i kinda hord them hehehehehhe think i am at 50 now shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you dont mind i'll post up a stang ll i did acouple years ago, my first pro touring car and kinda went with it............hope you enjoy it

Mj

<GASP) i forgot to get the finished engine bay pic with the dizzy oooops :)

post-357-0-51640200-1362006817_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-45734200-1362006843_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-30755900-1362006879_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mj-Styro

Nice cars, really brings back some memories, I built a full size '74 that I had a killer 400+ horsepower 2.8 V-6 built for, when the 'Stang started showing its age I pulled the motor, trans, & headers & transferred them into a '74 Pinto Runabout that was sitting with a very tired 2.3 in it. The Pinto was almost 100 Lbs lighter, & made for a really fun car to drive, it was actually more fun than the V8 '72 Pinto I built that car had to much torque, & nose weight you actually steered it with the throttle, especially in the rain. But my wife sure had a lot of fun with it on the Freeway, the only give away was the two exhausts sticking out the back, it even ran the B50 x 13" TA Radials on 7" wheels with a 3.55 gear, she could smoke the tires at anything up to 65 mph by just standing on the gas, & kicking it down to second gear, it had a C4 trans in it & would chirp the tires in every shift even when you were just cruising.

Edited by horsepower

Very nice mj! It looks nice in red. Horsepower, I would loved to have seen the full size builds of both the II and the Pinto. I have seen a few of the v8 Mustangs here, both stock and built...but I have only seen one built Pinto. I saw it driving and so didn't get to actually check it out. I bet both of them were a blast to drive too. You rarely see them with the built up 6 so I bet that was cool too.

Jerry