Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone make a flat hood (non SS) for the Revell '69 Camaro ?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am looking for 2 non SS flat hoods for the Revell 1969 Camaro. Anyone know where I can get one ? Don't tell me Time Machine Resin. I ordered one from him a year ago, never got it !

He stole my money.

Edited by Dave D

Posted · Report post

The one from the AMT 67 and 68 Camaros will work. If I remember right it was long and needed the front trimmed to fit.

Posted · Report post

Yes those hoods work they do need a little trimming. I have done it on a couple of

69 camaros, cowl induction hoods get a little old after a while.

Posted · Report post

I believe the upcoming COPO Camaro from Revell will have a flat hood, due out later this year.

Posted · Report post

I believe the upcoming COPO Camaro from Revell will have a flat hood, due out later this year.

It shouldn't, all COPO's had the cold air hood, and the flat hood won't close over a big block, all of them got the SS hood or the cold air hood.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It shouldn't, all COPO's had the cold air hood, and the flat hood won't close over a big block, all of them got the SS hood or the cold air hood.

The pre-prod pics Revell has shown shows the cowl induction hood like the Z/28 kit.

Edited by Rob Hall

Posted · Report post

The pre-prod pics Revell has shown shows the cowl induction hood like the Z/28 kit.

My bad, you are correct. I assumed they were following in the footsteps of the COPO Nova.

Posted · Report post

My bad, you are correct. I assumed they were following in the footsteps of the COPO Nova.

Nope..if you google pics of 1:1 1969 COPO Camaros, they have the cowl induction hood...

Posted · Report post

I know that Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland used to make them,bought a couple years ago very good quality from what i remember.

Posted · Report post

I know that Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland used to make them,bought a couple years ago very good quality from what i remember.

Listed in Norm's catalog as being a Scale Resin Detailers part, also has a SS hood.