Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best aftermarket supplier

By experience, who is the best aftermarket supplier. I am thinking along the lines of like diorama and detail parts. I've always wanted to build a garage diorama, a used car lot diorama, or a junk diorama. There was a company I thought was called Scale Ltd., but I am not able to find it. They had figures and office equipment for super detailing. Any information would be helpful.

Asking who the best aftermarket supplier is like asking who makes the best car- everyone will chime in with their opinion.

To answer your questions, Scale Equipment Limited is the one source you were thinking of. Scenes Unlimited is another, VCG Resins is another, Scale Modeling by Chris is another and they all have nice product. I have bought from all of them and the product and service has been excellent.

Rich & Mike,

The reason I ask is because I am not sure who is still in business, or the names of the places I dealt with in the past as I have been out of the hobby for a long time. I figured who better to ask then the guys who do this everyday and get their opinions. Scale Equipment Ltd is exactly who I was thinking of BTW. I just couldn't get the name right. Google certainly wasn't any help either...lol.

Thanks again fellas!

Scott-

Check out the Diorama section here and when you see something you like, send the member a PM and ask them to share with you, if they haven't already listed their sources in the post.

My best advice is that if you see something you like and will use or want it, go ahead and get it because as you mentioned, many suppliers have come and gone over the years. "Snooze, you lose" is a hard lesson many of us have learned!