Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1932 Ford - when was this release?

From what I have read and remember from some of the slightly older reissues of the AMT 32 Ford 5w (like the one with the green car on the box), many of the original custom parts (like cycle fenders) were not included. This looks like a true reissue of the original. Any idea when this was released as I don't see this particular one available at places like modelroundup and plastic-models.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-ERTL-1932-FORD-5W-COUPE-FACTORY-SEALED-/281059819940?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item41707881a4

It was released within the last few years. What I heard was that it was a direct copy of the pic below, but not having the kit I cant tell you for sure if the cycle fenders and such are included. I've got 3 or 4 of these, and they dont have all the good old stuff. As far as I know the only thing truly like the original is the box art.

AMT%2038280%201932FCoupVG.JPG

Edited by Draggon

All of the recent reissues have the same parts, the "original box art" coupe included. That one was commissioned by the same guy who sold the "jalopy" issue coupe and Victoria, neither of which included the racing parts shown on the box art cars. The "original box art" issue coupe box shows the car with cycle fenders and full Moon disc wheel covers. The side panel shows the fender brackets, but not the fenders, because the brackets are in the box. RC2 didn't help that guy by dumping coupe kits to Walmart at the same time he was trying to sell his private issue kits. The WM issue was something like $6.77, the private label kits were three times that. The only differences were the box and decals...